Child seat for excursions

MNFreeze

We will be going on a cruise in March of 2008. Our son who is 2 will be with us. What I am wondering about is should I be concerned about not having a car seat for him when we go on excursions? If we were in another town and hoping into a taxi we would not have a car seat for him so I guess I should not see this as any different. Just curious if other have thought about this or did it.

Thanks,

We will be going on a cruise in March of 2008. Our son who is 2 will be with us. What I am wondering about is should I be concerned about not having a car seat for him when we go on excursions? If we were in another town and hoping into a taxi we would not have a car seat for him so I guess I should not see this as any different. Just curious if other have thought about this or did it.

Thanks,

Go post this question on the Family Cruising section of cc...you'll get a lot of answers.

From what I've read, many tour buses won't allow you to have a car seat since they don't have seat belts. Your best bet will be to carry your car seat and get a taxi with a seat belt. If you can't find one, you'll be out of luck. We recently booked a Jamaica excursion on our own and asked the tour operator about car seats. They said we can either bring ours off the ship and attach them or they could arrange a rental. We'll just take our own...I could never trust a rental car seat. One option for you is to pre-book your excursions on your own...ask the people you book with about car seats.

You'll find all sorts of helpful posts on the Family Cruising Forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Here's a good link for you:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=607854&highlight=car+seat

Archived