Advise on the Western Caribbean cruise

Emmy11386

Hi everyone....I just started looking at cruises for next year. I was looking at the 7 night Western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Triumph starting in Miami and visiting Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; and Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I was wondering if anyone has been on this cruise and what you thought of it. Thanks for the help! :D

Hi everyone....I just started looking at cruises for next year. I was looking at the 7 night Western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Triumph starting in Miami and visiting Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; and Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I was wondering if anyone has been on this cruise and what you thought of it. Thanks for the help! :D

I have been to the Bahamas and Hawaii and this by far was my favorite. You are going to love it, it is a fantastic cruise. My favorite port was Cozumel, breathtaking.

I've done this route twice on Victory. I really love it.

My recommendations for things to do:

Grand Cayman: Rays, Reef and Rum Point with Nativeways....awesome trip.

Ocho Rios: Check out Phil. He'll take you to Dunn's River Falls and river tubing....it was a blast!

Cozumel: Paradise Beach....of course!!

You can find info on all the above over at the POC boards.

Have a great time!!!

Ocho Rios is the armpit of the world. If you go there book an excursion through the cruise line or call it a stay on the ship day,

Haha that made me laugh..

I kind of thought the same about Belize, the difference is most people you encounter in Belize want you there where Jamaica is kind of unruly.

Sailed a similar itinerary in May with my daughter and we had a blast!

Ocho Rios: Book with Phil Lafayette; do Dunn's River Falls and river tubing. He was a wonderful tour guide.

Coz: Paradise Beach...check out the very long thread on the Coz board to have all of your questions answered. We ate lunch at a restaurant called La Choza on the recommendation of Tom @ PB...wonderful food.

Grand Cayman: We did the waverunner tour to Stingray City...AWESOME!

Have a great time!

Hi,

We went on this cruise twice. Once on the Victory and one on the Triumph. GREAT cruise! You will love it. Feel free to browse our cruise pictures on webshots, there is plenty of pictures of the ships, ports, activities etc

http://community.webshots.com/user/QuincysGang?vhost=community

I have been to all these places. Jamaica is not a favourite port of mine but I did enjoy Dunns River Falls. I'm sure I'd find something fun to do if I went again. I enjoyed the other ports, especially Grand Caymen. The weather was great and I have no complaints.

I am booked on the Valor for Oct 12th, 2008. It goes to Belize, Honduras, Grand Caymen and Costa Maya. Why don't you join us. It leaves out of Miami also. At present there are 9 of us going.

Archived