French Polynesia Cruise with Cruise West "Spirit of Oceana"

marthag

I have read the pros and cons about this ship, but have not found a review of The Spirit of Oceanus' cruise to Tahiti and French Polynesia. Can anyone provide insights regarding this cruise? I'm particularly interested in knowing if the seas are rougher during February, when this cruise takes place, than in other times of year, and how this ship handles rough waters. Also, any new reviews of this ship would be greatly appreciated.

When Cruise West first announced their South Pacific itineraries, I was excited and ready to join up. When I then read that they are doing it during the monsoon season, I rethought the whole thing. I understand the 1st season, the seas were rough and the Spirit of Oceanus does not ride well in rough seas.

The Oceanus is Cruise West's best ship by far - but I found it to be kind of a "faux luxury" - lots of laminates to look like marble- the whole ship came off kind of "plasticy" to me.

I was excited to read about a new line that is doing some in that area - their website is: http://www.orioncruises.com.au/home

Archived