No oxygen- no cruise

atheresa

I just returned from our second cruise since I have been on oxygen. I am on 3 to 4 liters 24/7. On our first cruise I rented a portable unit that I was also able to use on the plane, then I purchased the unit so that I can go when ever I please. There are five portables that are on the market now that I am aware of, I have an Inogen One. It is battery operated, it also runs on household current and the car, when the unit is plugged in it will recharge the battery. I have five batteries so I can be away from electricity for about 9 hours. It is a fairly small unit, weighs about 9 pounds and is on a cart. On this past cruise I saw three other people on oxygen.

Check into the units and then book a cruise, you will have the time of your life. Or check with Seapuffers, they specialize is cruises for people on O2.

I too am on O2 24/7. We had two cruises booked when I went on oxygen. I immediately purchased an Airsep Lifestyle pc which I cruised with exclusively.

Since I am from Canada, I wished at the time I was able to purchase an Inogen One as the battery life is so much better but they were not available for sale. We make do with ten batteries for the Airsep.

For my cruise this January I have rented a room concentrator from Special Needs at Sea who were able to give me a great price. For my needs outside the cabin I'll use the Airsep.

Toni :D

• 2 weeks later...

My mom is on O2 24/7 also. The last cruises we were on, we rented tanks and a concentrator from CareVacations.com. There were no problems and they even give you a number to call if there are any problems. I've used it a couple of times incuding once in Vancouver and everything was taken care of to our satisfaction. Since then, mom bought an Inogen One which has given her much freedom. Perhaps your friend could purchase one and then just order a concentrator from CareVacations. That way she'll be fine whether she's in a car (uses the lighter thingy), on a plane or on an excursion to the beach. And, always buy trip insurance.

• 4 weeks later...
I too am on O2 24/7. We had two cruises booked when I went on oxygen. I immediately purchased an Airsep Lifestyle pc which I cruised with exclusively.

Since I am from Canada, I wished at the time I was able to purchase an Inogen One as the battery life is so much better but they were not available for sale. We make do with ten batteries for the Airsep.

For my cruise this January I have rented a room concentrator from Special Needs at Sea who were able to give me a great price. For my needs outside the cabin I'll use the Airsep.

Toni :D

I see that you are on your cruise right now. We are going on Millie the end of March 08 and we've reserved through Special Needs at Sea. I'd like to know if everything went smoothly with your reservation and equipment. Thank you. Karen

• 2 weeks later...
I see that you are on your cruise right now. We are going on Millie the end of March 08 and we've reserved through Special Needs at Sea. I'd like to know if everything went smoothly with your reservation and equipment. Thank you. Karen

Karen

Everything was fine. The concentrator was in the cabin when we boarded. We also booked one for a five day hotel stay in Clearwater and it was there when we arrived after the cruise.

I'll use this company again for sure.

Toni

Hi,

I'm new to using 02. I was recently diagnosed with low blood oxygen and sleep apnea. We hope that we diet and exercise that my blood oxygen will improve so that I won't need the day time o2.

I understood you couldn't take your own 02 on an aircraft so I don't understand some of the earlier posts. I know there is a battery operated oxygenator you can use on a plane in the US, as well as oxygen directly from the aircraft, Delta charges $200/RT. We want to take a cruise in Australia and I can't figure out how to deal with the daytime oxygen after arrival, if needed. The company I work with here says they will make all of the arrangements with the cruise line for me. So exactly what type of equipment does the ship provide ? An oxygenator with batteries or individual tanks that I use at home when I go out ?

Any ideas, suggestions ... great appreciated. I really don't want to stop traveling. I'm beginning to suspect that independant international travel may not be possible if day time o2 were still required.

Thanks for any and all input. Jan

Archived