Roll Call Question

kcslim

I am assuming, with the new format of CC, we should post our roll calls in that particular section. The last Carnival cruise I took, was outstanding because I got in touch with other CCers .. we had a blast. I thought maybe November was too far off to post a call, but am seeing roll calls for 2005. Any suggestions on how to gain the attention of other Victory sailers on November 7th?

Karen

It is never too early to start a roll call for your cruise. As you can see ours is in Dec. and we have had a thread going since Feb of this year. We lost a lot of postings when the CC changed formats, but we are going strong again. Get one going and have a lot of fun with it. It will help pass the time and you will have a lot of new friends.

With millions of people cruising every year, and only 108,000+ members to Cruise Critics as a whole, it is entirely possible that you would sailing with only a few fellow cc'ers. Plus, if you take into account the number of members who don't know about the roll call board, or who feel awkward 'revealing' something on the internet, you lessen the possible number of matches even further.

Not trying to discourage you, but it could just be that way...

Thanks all.. I intend to keep trying.. it's so much fun talking with others and anticipating!

Dannzigg.. I love the "anticipation overload" .. 3 days.. go and have a wonderful time!!

Karen

• 1 month later...

I have continued to try the roll call thing, and actually did find 2 people respond. I'm just a little disappointed there wasn't more feedback. I think the new boards are fine, and that it was a great idea to have a separate section for roll calls. Maybe it's just the timing.. but not much feedback. Oh well.. I will DEFINITELY have a great time anyway!

Karen

Don't feel bad with your 2 people, I've had no one respond to mine.... I guess it just so happens that no one from this board is on the same ship at the same time out of San Juan. Maybe I'll recruit some new CC'rs

Archived