Best snorkeling in Bonaire

Bandit&Mingus

For one thing it is almost all good. Very hard to go wrong there. If you are on a cruise, probably just as well to check out your roll call and find another few snorkelers and then book a trip on your own with one of the local snorkel boats. Many are with very experienced guides who will point out many things you would likely miss on your own.

Thank you Bassethound!

I have another question.....is the snorkeling near the airport as good as I've heard? I've booked the shore snorkel through the ship but if they go to a place where we can get to by a cab then I would rather do it on our own and save the money. Thanks for your help!

That is my guess what you ave heard about, it is the name of a specific beach near the airport. And, it is great snorkeling, just a short swim offshore (30 yards). IMHO, there is better snorkeling on Bonaire, but maybe this is as good as you need.:)

I suggest you go to a site called Bonaire Talk (just google it). They will have loads of specific recommendations there. I discussed with them prior to my last trip. They will even be able to tell you which locales are more and less likely to see what and where Jellies are prevalant for the season.

Personally, I am partial to Kleine for a good snorkel, but no facilities there at all. I really suggest you find out about a tour from the BT discussion group.

Thank you Bassethound!

I've found that site helpful too....haven't posted there as of yet but will do that. I've been a "lurker" so far. I think that may be where I heard about the airport beach or windsock. I've been doing so many searches that I can't remember now where I have found my info but this website has been the most helpful overall! I'm glad I found Cruise Critic! I've passed it along to anyone I know who is going to be cruising anytime in the near future.

Bandit

Archived