FOS - family shows to book?

colover

You don't have to "book" any of the shows!!! You just go if you want to! the exception is the ice show on Voyager and Freedom class ships. You will have to get tickets for that show. They don't cost anything--it's more for "crowd control" than anything else. You will be told when to pick-up the tickets--it's dependant upon your dinner seating.

There are several "adult" shows that your kids should not go to. They are later in the evening. RCI does have babysitting avail., but you have to arrange that in advance, should the parents wish to see those shows.

Are you talking about the shows they have each evening? If yes, no reservations are needed you just show up and take a seat. Try getting there about 15 mins before to have a choice of seats and they will usually have two seatings of each show to accommodate both the early and late dinners.

Guess it's obvious I'm new to this! I guess I'd heard about needing txs for the ice show and assumed it was the same for all the others. Thanks for clarifying. Any other shows that would be suitable for kids? Thanks everyone!

Guess it's obvious I'm new to this! I guess I'd heard about needing txs for the ice show and assumed it was the same for all the others. Thanks for clarifying. Any other shows that would be suitable for kids? Thanks everyone!

There will be a Broadway type show, sometimes magicians, jugglers, comedians, etc. The days activities will all be listed in the Compass and you will receive it in your stateroom each night for the next day. Bring a highlighter to mark what you want to do. Some bring a couple of colors, one for each person.

All the evening shows are good for families. It's the late night shows (after 10pm) that have adult content, and they are labelled that way in the daily Compass.

Here's a tip for ice show tickets - The announced time for ticket distribution is usually 9am on the first sea day, however on the last two cruises we've been on, they actually started distributing them 15-30 minutes earlier. This is particularly important if you have early seating and want to get tickets for the day they have the show after your dinner instead of the day they have the show at 5pm before dinner. The after dinner tickets go very fast.

All the evening shows are good for families. It's the late night shows (after 10pm) that have adult content, and they are labelled that way in the daily Compass.

Here's a tip for ice show tickets - The announced time for ticket distribution is usually 9am on the first sea day, however on the last two cruises we've been on, they actually started distributing them 15-30 minutes earlier. This is particularly important if you have early seating and want to get tickets for the day they have the show after your dinner instead of the day they have the show at 5pm before dinner. The after dinner tickets go very fast.

on fos 8/19. The tickets were distributed at 9:30 sharp on Tuesday(I believe). While the ice show is open seating I would recommend getting ready for the tickets and show about 20-30 minutes early.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are scheduled for the late dinner, do you go to a early show or is the show after dinner?

I am traveling with 2 kids 9 and 12. I would like them to be able to see some of the shows, but i dont think they will be able to stay up until 10:00pm after a long day.

Archived