PICTURE: Baby Pool on Verandah Deck

ginacc

Here's a picture of the baby pool we used on our cruise last week. It worked perfectly. People stopped and laughed and complimented us. Everyone thought it was really cute, and it didn't bother anyone. The bartender gave us a bucket to fill it with, and when we were done we dumped it in the drain right next to it.

Enjoy!

100_0467.jpg

100_0468.jpg

Very cute pictures. how old is your son? My DS is 15 months and he loves the pool. My mom watches him during the day and she has a pool so they have been swimming just about everyday this summer. I am really hoping DS doesn't have a problem not being able to get in the pool on the ship. And I think if I had a baby pool like yours he might just get out and run off, ya know.

Where did you get that pool. I'm taking my then 1 year old in February and don't think there will be any available then.

I saw these same pools at Target on Monday they were arpund $4-5 or so...

No, you will definately want to shop for the pool and probably even swimsuits no as they are harder to find in the winter... We traveled in February of this year, and amazingly enough our local Target put their swimsuits out a few weeks before we cruise...I was super happy!!!!Although, I had already picked up a few suits the fall before our trip!!!) But next time around, we we'll definately shop for our stuff late summer/early fall. HEY, clearence is my speciality!!!!:rolleyes:

Where did you get that pool. I'm taking my then 1 year old in February and don't think there will be any available then.

I bought this one on clearance at Target. They definitely won't have them in the winter, but I bet you can find one online somewhere if you can't find it in the store.

Your son it so cute! and that pool is perfect! My MIL has that pool at her house. The sunshade part, unfortunately, does not inflate any longer. We use an inflatable bathtub (not as big, but for infants it's all about the splash, not the swim). You can get inflatable bathtubs any time of year at Babies R Us (Toys R Us).

I agree, the wait staff is helpful. They let us borrow one of the helmets frpm the "buy six beers in a helmet" deal to fill the pool up with. And it was easy to carry the pool over to the shower to drain before taking back to our room for the night.

And YES! He's wearing a swim diaper....

120704_0487sm.jpg.8efe5f7ea009adf7c7aa57795fbe1731.jpg

Did you have a pump to inflate the pool or did you do it the old fashioned way? It looks like it might have taken awhile to inflate.

Your son is adorable.

I WISH we had the pump, instead I blew it up. DH is a big baby sometimes and he kept complaining, so I just did the whole thing myself. Honestly it only took about ten minutes, it wasn't that bad. It took longer to deflate it then it did to inflate it. Seriously.

I bought this one on clearance at Target. They definitely won't have them in the winter, but I bet you can find one online somewhere if you can't find it in the store.

I saw this very pool in the clearance section of my Target yesterday for $3 and change.

So adorable! Are there areas where you can put the inflatable pool and they won't be able to see the big pool? I'm afraid that if my little guy sees the pool and other people in it he'll cry. I'm thinking of avoiding that deck on sea days and just doing the beach thing at the ports. Any suggestions for sea days??? He'll be 19 months old when we go. Thanks again to all of you.:)

So adorable! Are there areas where you can put the inflatable pool and they won't be able to see the big pool? I'm afraid that if my little guy sees the pool and other people in it he'll cry. I'm thinking of avoiding that deck on sea days and just doing the beach thing at the ports. Any suggestions for sea days??? He'll be 19 months old when we go. Thanks again to all of you.:)

What ship/cruiseline?

Either enchantment OS or vision OS. I'm so confused! Any advice?

Are they the same itinerary?

They are similiar in ship design as far as the outside pool is concerned....

This is Enchantment where you can *possibly* put the inflatable on the upper deck. You have room on both decks, but you didn't want him to see the main pool.

enchantment2.jpg

Enchantment.jpg

Vision has the SAME pool deck...so you would have room here too...

Vision.jpg

But Vision has an INDOOR adult only solarium...I don't know if the roof is retractable?

Vision2.jpg

On Enchantment, the roof is retractable, so in warmer weather the roof is open.

enchantment3.jpg

EOS would be out of ft. laud. going to key west, belize and cozumel.

VOS would be a mexican riviera out of LA. I'm being cheap (lol) and thinking we should take advantage of my son flying for free to LA and we can do fla. next cruise. I've only been on one cruise and my husband has never been. I was on voyager OS in 2001 and it was huge and unbelievable. I hate to go on a smaller ship but i'm dying for a cruise. I know enchantment is bigger than vision. However... i'm wondering if the 5 night caribbean is a better one for the little guy since there's only 1 sea day. I really can't thank you enough for all of your help. I love reading your posts. Thanks again.:)

I'm so glad you posted a picture of this.:D I bought the same one on clearance at Target some time ago (OK I live in Florida where you can use it practically year round and they still put it on clearance. LOL) but everyone on the boards keeps talking about blow up tubs and my son is just too big for the blow up tub. Picked up a bucket for $1 I think at CVS.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a picture of the baby pool we used on our cruise last week. It worked perfectly. People stopped and laughed and complimented us. Everyone thought it was really cute, and it didn't bother anyone. The bartender gave us a bucket to fill it with, and when we were done we dumped it in the drain right next to it.

Enjoy!

100_0467.jpg

100_0468.jpg

Hello - I'd like to buy this exact same pool - it's small and has a sun shade..I couldn't find it online. Does anyone know the brand?

No wonder you couldn't find it not easy to locate it. I found it on amazon finally I did a search for sunsmart baby pool. It is listed for more then I paid at my local Target but it might be because it's hard to find this time of year.

http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Baby-Hideaway-Marlon-Creations/dp/B00005Q5SR

One Step ahead has something similar for $30 and includes an electric pump although theirs looks like it has a cushion bottom.

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=6792&parentCategoryId=100180&categoryId=100182&subCategoryId=105179

Archived