How to Book Adjoining Minisuites for Feb. Sailing?

lovebrits

Our sunny summer isn't over yet but we're starting to plan a trip in the sun on the Golden in February. Last year, our friends had adjoining balconies with us. We booked directly with Princess in September for the Grand and asked for "no upgrades" so we could stay together. Worked out beautifully.

Two days ago, when we called Princess, we were told they could take our reservations but could not guarantee our rooms would be together. I'm confused why it worked last year but not this year.????? Should we book through a travel agent or wait a bit to book through Princess? It seems odd that Princess can't set aside 2 adjoining-balcony minisuites. How would families with children book 2 rooms?

Any insight or advice about how to procede would be appreciated. Thanks!

Don't know when, where or on what ship you're sailing. My guess is that it's probably prettywell booked up. These ships seem to be filling up early and sailing full. I just booked a June '05 Cruise to Bermuda and it's almost full with no suites available. Call a TA and see what they may have in their block.

ps - My bad, you did say February, DUH! Yep I'll bet that's the problem - almost full.

Archived