The Baths with 5 and 3 Year Olds

Buzya

My family is considering taking the excursion to the Baths, but are unsure if it's appropiate for a 3 and 5 year old. Is there anything that would be physically challenging to them, aside from the water?

Hi....My husband and I were at the Baths this past June, also on the Miracle. Btw, you are going to love that ship. Fantastic crew with excellent service.

Anyway, are you doing the excursion through Carnival? I recommend that you do it through them. It consists of a 45 min ferry ride each way to and from the Baths over to Virgin Gorda. Then a 10 min. each way open air taxi ride to the Baths. Then once you arrive you have a choice of 2 paths. One easier and one harder. We took the easier one. It's about a 350 yard trek down through rocks, boulders and narrow dirt paths. Once you get down to the Baths there is a bathroom with showers and lockers for rent and also a snack bar and a rental shop I think. I am going to attach some pics of the path so you can see what it looks like, then you can determine if your children will be able to handle it. I think maybe the 5 year old would, but I don't know about your 3 year old.

2152853460046899484S500x500Q85.jpg

2973537560046899484S500x500Q85.jpg

2872271680046899484S500x500Q85.jpg

Let me know if you need any more info. :)

My family is considering taking the excursion to the Baths, but are unsure if it's appropiate for a 3 and 5 year old. Is there anything that would be physically challenging to them, aside from the water?

Hey Buzya,

I visted the Baths back in January 07'. I booked our excursion through NCL (Virgin Gorda Baths and Snorkel) and we took a boat over to the Baths. Once there, we jumped off the boat and had to swim to the Baths (Maybe 200 Ft.) It was a blast but a little difficult do to the current. Once on shore, you enter the trail which takes you through the Baths. Very rocky at times with not a whole lot to hang onto, but is a very unigue place to visit. Not sure how you are planning getting there or which excursions you are looking at. I would have to agree with Sandi149, Your 5 year old may enjoy it, but might be a little difficult for your 3 year old.

Have a wonderful time.

Who LOVED this excursion.....we used Patouche....ask for Jason, he was great.

as for the 3 yr old....it depends:

*- What kind of swimmer is he?

* What kind of swimmer are you - to help?

How big is your 3 yr old...if you need to carry up a couple os steps can you do it? (Some 3 yr olds are 25 lbs, some are 50 lbs....)

• 2 weeks later...
Sandi, thank you so much for posting those pictures. That made up my mind NOT to take that tour with my 2 yr old. We would not be able to handle that! Now, what else could we do.........:D

I think you made I wise decision. I wouldn't have taken my kids when they were that young either.

I hear that Cane Garden Bay and Brewers Bay is very nice. I was never there so I can't really comment on it but a friend of mine went to CGB and she said it was beautiful. Scroll through the posts and see if there is anything on those beaches. I think there might be. If not, start your own post and I'm sure someone will be chiming in. :D

Have a great cruise. You are going to love the Miracle.

LOL no problem, Sandi. I'll get to the Miracle eventually!:D

I think you will really like the Miracle. No bells and whistles (Rock wall, ice skating, etc) like the RC ships but a fabulous ship in the Carnival fleet. I also heard that Camp Carnival is great with the kids.

I'm not loyal to any line. Only been on 3 cruises and I want to try out all the lines. I like variety. :p

Thanks for posting the photos. My 3 yr old is part monkey - she'll love the hike! She only weighs 23 lbs, so big, strong DH can carry her if necessary.:D

Great, if she is up to it, then she will certainly like it. It is definitely an adventure. :D

Archived