Need a Suggestion for a Restaurant in Victoria

I just found out that some long time friends of our will be on the NCL Pearl while we are on the Noordam and we will both be in Victoria on Saturday night next week. We have decided to go out to dinner together. Can anyone suggest a place we can go for drinks and good food? that would be easy to get to from the pier. We will most likely take the bus into town.

what type of food/price range?

We are actually open to about anything, with the exception of Asian which if I remember there was a lot of Chinese Restaurants in Victoria. I would guess no more the $50 to $60 per person. Actually open to suggestions, as long as the guys could get a beer and us girls a glass of wine:)

I will list a few and maybe you could check out their websites as well ...

Chandlers is on Wharf Street www.ChandlersSeafood.com

Vista 18 Restaurant Martini & Wine bar Burdette Ave http://www.vista18.com/

Ric's Grill Government Street www.ricsgrill.com

Pagliacci's Broad Street

http://www.webvictoria.com/theroxy/pagliaccis.html

I will mention that Pagliacci's is very busy, often having line ups down the road, it is a small place..but great food! They do not take reservations for dinner...it is first come first served.

I hope this gives you some ideas.

Do you want to go where the tourists go or do you want to go where the locals go? If you are into locals and want good pub grub I highly recommend the Ross Bay Pub on Fairfield Road. You would need to take a taxi unless you want to try public transit but it's not that far from downtown. It's a pub (British style, casual but not beer hall) so no one under 19 is allowed in so no little kiddies running around, the food is extremely good and well within your budget and according to my DH and DS the servers are very easy on the eye. If the weather is reasonably nice there is an outdoor patio with canopy and heaters. If you are smokers please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all restaurants including any outdoor patio areas. If you would let us know in more detail what you like I would be more than happy to suggest some more of my favourites.

Archived