paraffin wax spa

celbercrz333

I just stopped doing physical therapy for my hands and love the feeling of hot wax in plastic. I do it the old fashioned way at home for now, which means taking paraffin wax and heating it in a pot and "painting" it on with a pastry brush and then putting my hands in plastic gloves followed by inserting them in a heating pad that is like 30 years old. It's a messy operation. I want to get a paraffin wax spa and I see where HoMedics sells several. Does anyone own one of these and how do you like it?

I have a paraffin wax spa from Dr. Scholl's and I absolutely love it!!! Since I wear a size 7 shoe, my foot will fit into the paraffin unit. I also have the foot pedicure spa, which means I can give myself an awesome pedicure and use the paraffin spa for both feet and hands!

I have one as well! I love it, use it at home and we have one at work as well!

With the machine at work (which I've never heard done before) they put clear, small plastic bags over the hands and feet before dipping in the melted wax.

The wax machine (I believe) heats up to "disinfecting" temperature, but dead skin cells etc. tend to make the bottom of the wax 'pot' a bit grungy and dirty looking.

It keeps the wax in the machine looking cleaner if you put the bags on first, then dip, then another bag.

I prefer hot, damp towels to wrap around the hands/feet than a heating pad, just me though!

I have the Homedics one and love it!

Archived