DVD Players - Which Region?

calmac

Some (all?) of the suites on the Pearl and Gem have DVD players. I know that a DVD library is available but we would like to take along some of our own DVDs as I'm sure our son would like to spend some time watching movies! Just so that we can watch the DVDs we bring can anyone tell me which Region(s) the DVD players accept. I would assume Region 1 (USA & Canada) but are they multi-regional?

Some (all?) of the suites on the Pearl and Gem have DVD players. I know that a DVD library is available but we would like to take along some of our own DVDs as I'm sure our son would like to spend some time watching movies! Just so that we can watch the DVDs we bring can anyone tell me which Region(s) the DVD players accept. I would assume Region 1 (USA & Canada) but are they multi-regional?

It's either Region 1 or all regions (such DVD players have been made for years). We have NEVER had a problem playing DVDs in the DVD players. My kid plays DVDs as well through his PS2, which he brings.

I assumed that the DVD players would be Region 1 enabled but I'm really wondering if it's worth bringing our Region 2 DVDs along which would require the DVD player to be multi-regional.

Calmac,

We did the same hoping that DD could play the PS2 on the Dream. as you know the TV's are really small old portables which did not have the connections.

Assuming that the newer ships have connections would you be able to watch via another player? It's a total guess whether the DVD players onboard will take region 2 or whether they are region free.

I would be inclined to take the laptop or a games player with or without TV connectivity. There are lots of other reasons to take the laptop anyway, offline internet, back up photos etc.

Thanks for the reply, Tony.

The TVs on the Pearl were flat screen ones (even in BA cabins) so they have moved on a bit from those on the Dream! If we don't find out for certain we'll take along some of our Region 1 DVDs (we have multi-region players at home so usually pick up a few DVDs on our travels).

Still trying to make up our minds on the laptop as we have to change cabins twice (back to back to back) so not sure what to do with the laptop on changeover days.

Archived