QM2, Brittania Table Location

Brancine

Hubby & I will be celebrating our anniversary and his birthday, and have requested a table for two. Any suggestions on best location, upper or lower level, would be appreciated. Thanks.

What day is his birthday? I too will be another year old aboard Mary 2.

39 AGAIN! ;)

Betsy

What day is his birthday? I too will be another year old aboard Mary 2.

39 AGAIN! ;)

Betsy

His birthday is 12/27, and will have just passed when we sail on 1/13/08. I have a feeling there will be many "39 year olds" on board!:)

My requirements are that my table not be near the kitchen door, or for that matter in any high traffic area. The waitstaff are in a big hurry to get everyone served and with food that is still hot. This results in them zooming through the dining room. This detracts from the dining experience for me.

Similarly, I do not want a table near a waiter's station, this is a high noise area which also detracts from the dining experience.

Upstairs or downstairs? There are great tables on both levels; I would give the edge to upstairs IMHO.

I suggest, as soon as you embark, get your table assignment from your cabin and go right to the dining room. If you are not completely happy with your table, go to the Maitre d' and have it changed to your liking.

Interesting... Our table was lower level, right under the tapestry, and loved loved the location. There was an order station close by but it did not at bother us at all ..... The orders are done on computers and you would not even notice it at all, less you were just interested to look!! (we were!!)

One day for lunch we had a table on the upper level, and although nice, we felt it just did not compare with the atmosphere of the lower level.....

Ah.... each to its own I guess.

His birthday is 12/27, and will have just passed when we sail on 1/13/08. I have a feeling there will be many "39 year olds" on board!:)

From the Voyage personalizer on the Cunard website

SPECIAL OCCASIONS

We want your special occasions to be memorable. If you have an event that is within 60 days of your voyage, we want to help you celebrate it in style. Choose the passenger who is celebrating the occasion and the date on your cruise that you'd like to celebrate!

For celebration of Anniversaries or Honeymoons onboard:

Contact Cunard at 1.800.7.CUNARD for more information.

Archived