One more question

R&R sail again

Back a year ago before we went to Alaska, I remember seeing mention of something you put around your neck to keep your room card and id card in. It was waterproof so you could keep it on while swimming. Has anyone heard of anything like this, and if so where could I find it. I don't know what we will do at beaches with our cards. Any suggestions?

You can google "waterproof wallets" or go to travel web sites like Magellans.

Also, if you have a dive shop anywhere near you, try that. We've got one that works well even when snorkeling. I can't remember where we got it but it was online. We also have a copy of our passport pages 1 & 2 shrunk down and laminated to fit in the wallet for i.d. if needed. It ends up the same size as your driver's license and room "key" i.d. card. Happy Sails!

The link by Maxout is the type that is usually availabe in the kind of stores listed. The one I have allows the lid to slide up the cords. In that way, things don't tip out as easily. I'm all thumbs and I have trouble with the type pictured. I am not able to send pictures on the computer otherwise I would take a picture of mine.

I have two, one from a travel store in Iowa and the other I won in a bean bag toss on RCCL. I use the generic white one. Sorry I can't help you find one like mine. It is over 15 years old.

I like the tip about shrinking the passport pic so it is the size of a drivers license.

There is always something new to learn on CC boards.

Archived