Rhapsody

mildew1951

Sailing on Rhapsody in 2 weeks.

Given there is no laundry on the ship for guest use does anyone know if we will be able to get an iron on the ship for use in our cabin. If not can we take our own travel iron. And if so what adaptor plug do we need to get to adapt from Australian plug to ship's.

Thanks in advance:o

Go to Google or the search engine of your choice and type in "suitcase packing tips", several sites pop up to help you pack with minimal wrinkles. You wouldn't want to be ironing on your vacation anyway.:) Have fun on Rhapsody - we were on it two years ago around Hurrican Wilma.

Found the following doing a search. Might be useful to someone. I plan to give it a try.

Homemade Wrinkle Releaser

I tried some of that stuff in the grocery store that you spray on clothes to get rid of the wrinkles. It was expensive, but it worked. I looked at the label, and basically it was just fabric softener. So now I buy some fabric softener, put about 1/4 cup of it into a spray bottle with water, and spray it on my clothes. Then I hang them up and shape them on the hanger. Presto, the wrinkles are completely gone. It is a fabulous thing to know; I had to share. Does anyone else do this?

Found the following doing a search. Might be useful to someone. I plan to give it a try.

Homemade Wrinkle Releaser

I tried some of that stuff in the grocery store that you spray on clothes to get rid of the wrinkles. It was expensive, but it worked. I looked at the label, and basically it was just fabric softener. So now I buy some fabric softener, put about 1/4 cup of it into a spray bottle with water, and spray it on my clothes. Then I hang them up and shape them on the hanger. Presto, the wrinkles are completely gone. It is a fabulous thing to know; I had to share. Does anyone else do this?

That works but we found that if you just hang stuff in the bath room after a shower the motion of the ship and the steam from the bath causes all the wrinkles to fall out. Never considered that we might look like a potato chip :eek: :D

I have also tried the wrinkle free stuff and it works OK. However, I think that just putting the item in the bathroom with me and leave it there with the DH during our showers...by having 2 showers with steam hitting it twice...that will take out wrinkles the best.

I have bought a travel steamer also that works great. There are several selections over at Amazon.com

MONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite singing partner....How have you been????...We are off on the Serenade fo 2 weeks rt to Hawaii out of San Diego in a few weeks.

Oh and to shay on topic....pack your hangables in dry cleaning bags to prevent wrinkles

NEILE!!!!:D

Hows it going?!! Been great here and getting excited about our up-coming Mex. Riviera cruise during Halloween week! Don and I will be cruising again with our DFs: Tom & Mary...so that will be fun.

WOW--Hawaii IN 24 Days. I bet you are excited. Hope you have a great time and have fun singing again on the ship-->LOL;)

Good reminder....I also pack ALL my clothes in dry cleaning bags and leave them on the hangers in my suitcase. It saves time with un-packing and they DO wrinkle LESS too.

Keep in touch.....I would love to hear all about your cruise. I will check your post to see if you write up a review later.

Mildew - we have used the laundry service and the pressing service on Rhapsody many times. They do a great job and the prices are quite reasonable. Pressing only is half the laundry charge. You will have laundry bags and tickets in your room and you can leave it on the bed - your stateroom attendant will take care of it and return the items to you. We have never had a problem using this service.

By the time you pay for pressing service and have to wait for pickup/delivery back to your cabin...you could have steamed it yourself with a travel steamer you purchased. In the long run you will save money and time.

Go here to view a few for sale at Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/103-7588437-3817442?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=travel+steamer&Go.x=8&Go.y=11

I bought this one and it works GREAT!:

http://www.amazon.com/Travel-Accessories-Voltage-Garment-Steamer/dp/B000OYLQZA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_6/104-4303374-5512736?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1189798244&sr=8-6

Then you will never have to worry about looking like a 'wrinkle potato chip' anytime you travel. LOL:D

Thanks Mona

So a steamer in your cabin is ok but an iron isn't..................hmmmmm...?

Yes....at least my steward who came to my cabin while I was steaming a garment did not say it was not allowed. Also...only irons and open flames are listed as not being allowed.

Mildew, you will need an adaptor plug for anything you want to plug into a power point - phone charger, battery charger etc. You can get them from some hand bag shops, and ive seen them in KMart and Big W too. If all else fails, you can get them at the airport.

Nice to see another Aussie on the board. Im booked for a cruise next July and cant wait :)

Carmen

We bought and use a 110- 240 volt switchable travel steamer. Never have seen them in Australia, but bought ours in USA. Works a treat. You may be able to pick one up at kmart/target type store Honolulu 4 $20-25. Best have a 110 plug adapter, but also make sure your equip is 110-240 standard.

Hope that also helps.

Hey Big Kev thanks for the info... we are also on Rhapsody with mildew.. I had searched here in Aust for anything similar but no go...will check out the shops at Ala Moana when we get there....have had travel iron in the past but would rather have steamer... cheers shiona and john

Archived