Hi Host Dan, A Question

JaneBP

It allows others to add you to AIM contacts.

Thanks Matt for explaining the little yellow figure.

As far as the red dot is concerned. If you have a red dot by your name, others cannot tell when you are on-line. If you have a green dot by your name others can see that you are. When you see a gray dot next to a members name, it means they are off-line.

I hope this explains things!

Host Dan

Thanks Matt for explaining the little yellow figure.

As far as the red dot is concerned. If you have a red dot by your name, others cannot tell when you are on-line. If you have a green dot by your name others can see that you are. When you see a gray dot next to a members name, it means they are off-line.

I hope this explains things!

Host Dan

I didn't know about the red dot thing. But, if someone is a "red dot", what do OTHERS see? Do they see the red dot or a gray dot? If gray, it would not necessarily mean they are off-line (could be on or off, since they don't want others to know)... Just curious!

Thanks Matt and Dan.

I don't think I have ever been 'AIM'ed' nor do I think that I have the capability. But then I don't text on my phone, either.

As for the red dot, I guess it's good you all can't tell I am checking CC on a way too frequent basis!

Jane

I didn't know about the red dot thing. But, if someone is a "red dot", what do OTHERS see? Do they see the red dot or a gray dot? If gray, it would not necessarily mean they are off-line (could be on or off, since they don't want others to know)... Just curious!

I believe they see grey whether they are online or not. I see red, green and grey.

Host Dan

Archived