laberdee zip line $

oakleys

You book this as if it's an excursion ahead of time (or on board).

During our flight we had a couple that showed up hoping to make it on and they let them stick around as "Stand By's" ...4 people ended up not showing up at the designated time and so the staff took the room information of the couple to charge 'em and they joined our group.

Definitely book ahead of time if you can. Rumor has it the price is going up again. Just make sure you're under 220 pounds (although I just read on here the weight was changing to 200).

The new weight limit is 200 lbs (contrary to what your state room info sheet has on it - ours said the wt had been dropped from 250 to 220, but we had a guy in our group that wt'd 202 and they WOULD NOT let him zip)..... so be sure and go check even if they tell you it is all booked up, cuz if you wt under 200 you will prob get to zip.

And believe me it was worth every penny of the $65 we paid...... They did tell us it was going up to $90 in a couple of weeks....

AWESOME.......

DH lost his hat even tho it was turned around backwards, so if you have a baseball cap on that you REALLY LIKE then leave it on land or hook it to your waist.

BTW.... NOTHING is allowed around your neck for safety reasons. NO cameras are allowed (also for safety reasons)...

Have fun and enjoy...

P

You can book online or on the ship. We just returned from the FOS, hardly any people did the zip line - there were large chunks of time that no one was going down it.

For the money they charge, you will have a better experience doing a Canopy Tour on one of the islands you visit.

anyone know if this is an excusion, or do you just go up there, once there. what's the price? we were watching it on youtube, it look's great!

It's like $70 and from everything I've read, 100% worth it. You can sign up for it on the RCCL website under excursions if you have your reservation #. That's how we did it.

BTW.... NOTHING is allowed around your neck for safety reasons. NO cameras are allowed (also for safety reasons)...

P

That's odd 'cause I watched a video that someone took while on the zipline. It's on youtube. I wonder if it depends who hooks you up? No matter to me, I'd never try to videotape it anyway since I'm sure I'd drop the camera for sure. Besides, just to get me on this thing in November, it'll have to be a 3 bloody mary morning!:D

Did you get info ahead of time about not wearing anything around your neck? What do you do with your stuff that you bring onto the island with you; sunglasses, towel, etc? Is there somewhere to lock everything up?

for our Nov 17th sailing on LOS. I booked it for my dd who will be 9 then and my traveling partner. My friend is also booked on the canopy tour in Mo' Bay - my dd is too young to do that one - so had to book on labadee. Don't think it will be worth the money - but we shall see.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

Have fun and enjoy...

P

I'm confused. There are quite a few videos on youtube of this zip line. And the operators seemed pretty well aware of the cameras.

yes, i went all through the excursions earlier. $65 seem's alot for a 2min ride. granted they have to pay for gas etc, but $65 seem's a bit steep. still well see, nearer the time, if we book..

Hi, we were in Labadee last week and watched the zip line. No way it's 2 minutes and probably not 1 minute. I agree, a lot of money for a very short ride. But if you love doing it, what's money. Have fun!!!!

Sorry I'm just now getting back to this thread.

It is NO Camera's around your NECK. If you want to strap it onto your belt that is ok, but our guide wouldn't let us have it around the wrist because depending on the flight down (there are 3 possible positions you have to hold your body in, depending on wind and humidity), the camera could possible bonk you in the head or face.

Probablly were some serious injuries in the beginning so the rules and regs have changed. When we zipped in Hawaii, we both took our cameras w/ us.

We were with friends who watched our things while we were on the excursion. Not sure what you would do with them otherwise.

Remember if you REALLY like your baseball cap, prob just kiss it good bye and toss it, cuz even with it turned around backwards my dh's flew off - never to be seen again.

From the time we got strapped in our gear until we were finished it was about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Even tho the "zip" only last for what seems like about a "10 seconds" it's a lengthy process.

Enjoy, have fun and be SAFE.:eek:

Pat

i was with Sooner b cruisen and my husband was the 202!! We had a BLAST! but he had to be left behind. I had my camera on my belt not around my neck. I had to take my laniard off from around my neck, so perhaps they were free holding the camera on their hand. we had to torpedo shape our bodies to make sure we could get all the way down the line. Have fun!

Archived