Formal nights

scalde

Where are on our first cruise in a week and i was wondering which day on the freedom do they serve the lobster. the reason is that we want to try Chops and Portfinos. i want to do Chops on a formal night (no need to have two formal nights) and Portfinos on Venitian night. i do not know what they serve for formal nights but by reading the forums they have a lobster night wich should not be missed. any help on this would be apreciated

It is usually the second formal as the first formal in the filet mignon as the special entree that night. It is now called fisherman's platter and it is 3 shrimp and a lobster tail , but if you want a another tail just ask your waiter.

We were on Voyager at Thanksgiving '06, and lobster wasn't on either formal night. I have a funny reason for remembering... I wonder if it varies from ship to ship, or if RCI has moved the "Fisherman's Platter" to formal night more recently?

Is it possible to see a Compass from a very recent sailing? We're going out on September 30 and since we've not cruised before it would be helpful to know these things (like which night is lobster night) since we're learned by reading CC that we're supposed to schedule Chops as soon as we get on board.:o

Is it possible to see a Compass from a very recent sailing? We're going out on September 30 and since we've not cruised before it would be helpful to know these things (like which night is lobster night) since we're learned by reading CC that we're supposed to schedule Chops as soon as we get on board.:o

The compasses do not show the menus only the "theme" for the night and the type of dress for that evening.

All you need to do is go to the specialty restaurant on boarding day and they should have a copy of the weeks menu. Then just pick a night that doesnt serve lobster, or anything else you don't want to miss in the main dining room. I have heard the newly named "Get Out There" dinner menu (formally Caribbean night) has the weakest menu.

Archived