Drink of the day special?

Last May on the Mariner I remember there being a drink of the day special, with a special price + $1 if you wanted the souvenir glass. I think I remember this also being the case on my cruise on the Enchantment last September. I was wondering if the drink of the day still had a special price? I'm wondering this because I downloaded some compasses from a Mariner cruise this May and it mentions the drink of the day but does not list a price. Did the policy change?

I couldn't resist the title of this thread....

I am sitting on my couch, reading CC, and enjoying (NOT!) my "drink of the day". This "drink of the day" is 2 liters of salty-tasting nasty stuff that you drink the day prior to certain medical tests (if you are over 50 and are having a physical)....GAG!

Thank goodness for CC....it certainly makes this delightful concoction more bearable. Thanks, my friends!

We were on Explorer in May, the Compass did list a drink of the day for each day - complete with the price which included the souvenir glass. The price ranged from $8.50 - $11.00 per drink, including the glass (which I assume is $1.00 or so). I had no idea they were that much money as I don't drink them.

The earlybird special listed for each day was a Bloody Mary...tolerable at $5.00 per throw. All prices shown do NOT include the ever popular 15% service charge :D.

J and G, good luck tomorrow!! :)

We were on Explorer in May, the Compass did list a drink of the day for each day - complete with the price which included the souvenir glass. The price ranged from $8.50 - $11.00 per drink, including the glass (which I assume is $1.00 or so). I had no idea they were that much money as I don't drink them.

The earlybird special listed for each day was a Bloody Mary...tolerable at $5.00 per throw. All prices shown do NOT include the ever popular 15% service charge :D.

Thanks for the good wishes....

And back to the topic, we had the drink of the day (the real one...not this salty nasty stuff) a couple of days on Rhapsody last October. Each day the DOTD was printed in the Compass and was about $5.50 - $7.00 as I recall. The souvenir "glasses" were plastic cone-shaped containers that didn't really hold very much. A couple of them were plenty.....in fact, we saw several of them abandoned around the ship as the week went on.

Yes, these are the 2007 prices for Explorer and I've heard the same for other ships this year. It seems the drink of the day prices have gone up a bit since last year.

Yes, these are the 2007 prices for Explorer and I've heard the same for other ships this year. It seems the drink of the day prices have gone up a bit since last year.

Yes, I was surprised as well. I'm not sure if it was because our sailing was the first of the year out of Cape Liberty or prices had been raised fleet wide. Cape Liberty may be a particular market. Here are the prices on our sailing:

Day 1 - nothing listed

Day 2 - Summer Breeze $8.50

Day 3 - Pyrat's Hurricane $10.00

Day 4 - Caribbean Cooler $8.50

Day 5 - Mango Mai Tai $8.75

Day 6 - Bahama Papa $9.50

Day 7 - Ocen Rita $10.50

Day 8 - Pyrat Rim Runner $9.50

Day 9 - Long Island Iced Tea $11.00

Souvenir glass included, 15% service charge extra. Prices seem a lot higher than before. All drinks of the day on Radiance in 2006 were $5.95.

On Voyager in 2005 all drinks of the day ranged from $4.25 to $5.95.

Be curious where pricing is on sailings out of other departure ports as we are talking about some significant price increases here.

As already stated, the drinks of the day are around $5.95, less if you ask for a "regular" glass instead of the RCCL "take-home" glass. We were on the Mariner in August and my daughter and I enjoyed our drinks of the day almost every day, usually in the late afternoon on the pool deck (oh to be there now!). We used the coupons in our C & A books that they give you and we were able to get 4 "buy one get one" as we were the only 2 in our party who used them. As another poster said, there isn't much in the glasses, tons of ice, but those "fufu" drinks are so much fun!!

Enjoy!

I couldn't resist the title of this thread....

I am sitting on my couch, reading CC, and enjoying (NOT!) my "drink of the day". This "drink of the day" is 2 liters of salty-tasting nasty stuff that you drink the day prior to certain medical tests (if you are over 50 and are having a physical)....GAG!

Thank goodness for CC....it certainly makes this delightful concoction more bearable. Thanks, my friends!

Hope everything went well with your test and that youare given a clean bill of health!!! And good for you for taking time to visit your Doctor for regular check ups!! May you have many, many years of cruising ahead of you!!

Hope everything went well with your test and that youare given a clean bill of health!!! And good for you for taking time to visit your Doctor for regular check ups!! May you have many, many years of cruising ahead of you!!

Thank you so much! I am home and all is well! I am very happy that I will not need to repeat that "drink of the day" for 5 years!

I have to say, however, that all in all, it was not nearly as bad as I had anticipated...well worth the peace of mind.

Again, thanks for the moral support!

Thank you so much! I am home and all is well! I am very happy that I will not need to repeat that "drink of the day" for 5 years!

I have to say, however, that all in all, it was not nearly as bad as I had anticipated...well worth the peace of mind.

Again, thanks for the moral support!

I'm glad your test went well. I had the same test done two months ago and had to do the clear liquid diet for two days followed by the salty stuff the evening of the second day. When I got the results I told my DW I had to go through all of it again. Horrified, she asked when? In five years I replied. Leftovers again.

I'm glad your test went well. I had the same test done two months ago and had to do the clear liquid diet for two days followed by the salty stuff the evening of the second day. When I got the results I told my DW I had to go through all of it again. Horrified, she asked when? In five years I replied. Leftovers again.

Well, I wish there were some leftovers.....it was KFC for us, since I fell sound asleep for awhile around dinner time.

In five years we can share our stories here again.....and a toast with that "drink of the day". Mine was 2 liters of gatorade tasting stuff that was like a really bad margarita.....how about yours? It makes me wonder if the margaritas that I love will ever taste the same again......

I have been on several ships, but don't ever remember paying more than $6-7 for them. However, I didn't realize you could ask for them without the glass for a cheaper price! There is no way those plastic cups cost $2! Usually we leave most of them in the cabin when we leave. I did get some that were glass, and are pretty, and I also have a couple of cups that are insulated- can have hot and cold, that I still use now for coffee when I leave in the morning.

Our favorite, though, is the "bucket of beer" that we would get on at-sea days by the pool- several bottles in an ice bucket at a reasonable price.

On our February/March Mariner cruise, the drink of the day was $5.95 with the souvenir glass and $4.75 without the souvenir glass. I quickly learned that many of the mixed drinks were the SAME price as the drink of the day (including Long Island iced tea). Just ask to be on the safe side. Although, after a few drinks, you may not care. ;)

Archived