Best canopy tour in Mexicam Riviera

valbob55

Los Veranos in PV. Look for their ad at the top of this thread. They show a 10% discount. Class act, great guides, and feeding the monkeys at the end makes for great pictures. Can't beat the coconut margaritas either!

Hi there :)

I was on their site this morning and you get 15% off for booking there. Which brings me to a question.

I'm planning on doing this independent excursion for two reasons -- it's flatly a much better canopy adventure than the one booked through the cruise line and it's WAY cheaper.

That being said, it's a 4 hour excursion which should end about 2 hours before departure and we will have to get a taxi from the Los Veranos office to the ship.

Have any of you ever known anyone who actually fell prey the cruise lines promises of doom and gloom (i.e. missing your departure) for daring to go independent?

Are the private excursion vendors good about helping the passengers return on time?

Cheers!

Here is part of what I posted on another thread regarding that very topic:

Do be careful on the time you book your tour. Last Dec. we booked at Los Veranos for the 1pm tour. We had an incredible time, bought the DVD and then found out we'd missed the bus back to the office. We realized if we waited for the next bus we'd probably miss the ship. We were fortunate to be able to convince one of the guides to give us a lift directly back to the ship (Actually across the street to the Walmart parking lot) for $20. It was worth the extra cost. We got a great tour, taking back streets into town. We made it back to the tenders with 20 min to spare. Don't let this scare you, do the tour, just give yourself a little more time to make it back to the ship than we did. You'll want time after ziplining to feed the monkeys and have a celebration margarita. (The coconut one is to die for). You have to take a taxi from the ship to the local office. They transport you by van to the main office a good 20 min away. Then you load up on an open air bus and travel another 20 min to the zipline location, reverse all this unless you set up something with them for direct transport back.

I emailed them thru their website and they were very prompt in replying, recommending a tour time and booking on line.

• 1 month later...

Last Dec. we booked at Los Veranos for the 1pm tour. I emailed them thru their website and they were very prompt in replying, recommending a tour time and booking on line.

I see you were on the Star last December. We're sailing on Dec. 26th this year. Do you know if the ship's Canopy Tour is to Los Verano or another site?

LOVED the Los Veranos Canopy Tour and are heading back to do it again in January. It was FABULOUS FUN and the guides made it moreso that way. We just did Jamaica ziplines in May and I was very disappointed in them as they did not compare to Los Veranos. I wanted hubby to experience PV zips as he has only done Jamaica and that is why we are going back. I too booked directly through them...much cheaper.

As for the ship going to that one..not sure as I do believe it is something adventures.

I do agree that if you book it..give yourself extra time.

Last year my girlfriend and I booked 11:30am canopy tour and a 5pm massage at a local hotel. We barely made it to the massage on time! WHEW! lol...

Also, PV time is one hour AHEAD of ship time.

GOOD LUCK!

Has anyone taken the tour offered from the ship excursion?

... is the primary tour company for most of the excursions sold on the ship. http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/canopy-tour/index.html

Vallarta Adventures (ship's tour) is a tree-top to tree-top zipline tour and differs from the rest in that the others typically have the ziplines spanning a river valley and the lines run from one ground station to another.

I did the Vallarta Adventures tour four years ago and they were in the process of expanding the facilities at the excursion site at that time. Since then, I have been to Los Veranos the last two years (including last Friday).

The big attraction with Los Veranos is the ability to stay as long as you want, eat at their restaurant, hit the tequila tasting bar or go for a swim in the river. Most cruisers take the 11 AM or noon tours (although the 10 AM tour is very do-able). The four hour time they list on their web site allows for people to stay for a while. It really is about 3 hours total time from the office and return if you don't linger at the excursion site. Important to ask how often they run people back. They were running shuttles every 20-25 minutes last Friday.

Enjoy!

Archived