Just Back From St. Thomas and Sunny!!!

cruzeluver

We just got home last evening from our cruise on the RCCL Mariner which included a stop Wednesday in St. Thomas.

The island was absolutely gorgeous! We were blessed with nearly perfect weather, may be a bit too hot for some.

There was only one other ship in port with us (Disney Magic) so not at all crowded.

We did the island tour with Sunny Liston, and cannot recommend him highly enough. He was right on time to pick us up at the pier. We waited about ten minutes for another couple and we were off. We had two hours for shopping in the downtown area (pretty good deals to be found). Then we went to a scenic overlook, Drake's Seat and then up the mountain to Mountain Top. The views from there were spectacular! Sunny pointed out the other islands that were visible, and everyone snapped lots of pictures. We has their famous banana daquiries, and they were everythig people say they are, sooooo delicious!

Next Sunny took us to Sapphire Beach where we stayed for two hours. The beach was beautiful and not at all crowded, but since it is low season there were not many beach chairs and very few employees from the resort were available. We still enjoyed it though.

Sunny then took us back to the dock and we strolled through a few of the shops before re-boarding the ship.

I will be happy to answer any questions I can about St. Thomas or Sunny's tour.

What type of vehicle were you in -- was it just the few people?

We have a party of three and would like it to be as semi private as possible.

How long was your whole experience.

Was there time to stop for lunch anywhere?

How was the shopping? Did you think you had enough time?

Cost? Contact info for Sunny?

Thanks a bunch!

What type of vehicle were you in -- was it just the few people?

We have a party of three and would like it to be as semi private as possible.

How long was your whole experience.

Was there time to stop for lunch anywhere?

How was the shopping? Did you think you had enough time?

Cost? Contact info for Sunny?

Thanks a bunch!

If you go on his website there is a pic of the van/truck that he uses.

http://www.sunnylistontours.com

On our tour he had the whole van filled....maybe 20 people. I don't think he does private tours. If he does, I'm sure it will cost you more. The regular price is 25 p/p. You have a choice of 1, 2 or 3 hours of shopping, an hour and a half tour of the island and a 2 hour beach stop at your choice of Coki, Sapphire or Megan's Bay.

All the info is on the website and his email addy is on there too.

We opted for the 3 hours of shopping so he picked us up at 9AM by the ship and then dropped us back off at around 4:30. We stopped for lunch at a little place called Gladys Cafe in the downtown area while we were shopping. He doesn't make a special stop to eat though.

How was Glady's -- would you dine there again?

Did you like the shopping?

I'm not a group person really --

I am planning on taking my girls to a really nice dinner and was hoping to catch the sunset but that wouldn't be a possibility with getting back so late --- we need to change and in November the sunset is at about 5:30 pm.

I don't even think we arrive until noon -- and we set sail again around 10 pm.

I'll contact Sunny to see what he can do for us.

Thanks!

How was Glady's -- would you dine there again?

Did you like the shopping?

I'm not a group person really --

I am planning on taking my girls to a really nice dinner and was hoping to catch the sunset but that wouldn't be a possibility with getting back so late --- we need to change and in November the sunset is at about 5:30 pm.

I don't even think we arrive until noon -- and we set sail again around 10 pm.

I'll contact Sunny to see what he can do for us.

Thanks!

Yes I would definitely go back to Gladys Cafe. The food was very good and not expensive and the service was excellent. Gladys is a very nice lady....very friendly.

Yes I liked the shopping but I went for specific stuff. If you are not into buying jewelry, alcohol or cigarettes then there really isn't much there. Tons and tons of jewelry stores.

Yes, Sunny did do the Days of The Week song. Very funny! How long before I will be able to get it out of my head???

You will never get it out of your head...

I love you on Sunday (woohoo), Monday (woohoo), Tuesday (woohoo), Wednesday too...on Thursday (woohoo), Friday(woohoo), Saturday I love you baby hahahahahahahahahaaaaa

Cruzeluver, I e-mail Sunny Sunday about a tour for my group I have not heard from them. How long did it take for them to e-mail you back? We will be in St. Thomas in Nov. Should I e-mail them again? I have e-mailed other companies we will be using and they get back to me by the next day. Did you add Coral World to your tour? If so how much more was it? Can you spend time at the beach and go to coral world? Thanks for any info. DEB

Thanks for posting your review! DH and I are will be there is October and I've been deciding between booking with Sunny or Godfrey. After reading your review, I think we will go with Sunny.

PirateGal- when in Oct are you cruising? What ship?

We just got home last evening from our cruise on the RCCL Mariner which included a stop Wednesday in St. Thomas.

The island was absolutely gorgeous! We were blessed with nearly perfect weather, may be a bit too hot for some.

There was only one other ship in port with us (Disney Magic) so not at all crowded.

We did the island tour with Sunny Liston, and cannot recommend him highly enough. He was right on time to pick us up at the pier. We waited about ten minutes for another couple and we were off. We had two hours for shopping in the downtown area (pretty good deals to be found). Then we went to a scenic overlook, Drake's Seat and then up the mountain to Mountain Top. The views from there were spectacular! Sunny pointed out the other islands that were visible, and everyone snapped lots of pictures. We has their famous banana daquiries, and they were everythig people say they are, sooooo delicious!

Next Sunny took us to Sapphire Beach where we stayed for two hours. The beach was beautiful and not at all crowded, but since it is low season there were not many beach chairs and very few employees from the resort were available. We still enjoyed it though.

Sunny then took us back to the dock and we strolled through a few of the shops before re-boarding the ship.

I will be happy to answer any questions I can about St. Thomas or Sunny's tour.

what were the good deals???? thanks! nancie

The best deals we saw were for the good-old standby souvenirs: t-shirts, shot glassses, magnets etc. Also very competitive prices for jewelry, watches and cologne/perfume. Although we were not looking, several people said St. Thomas had great prices for electronics as well.

Archived