Caribbean Princess Vs. Carnival Triumph?

packin4caribbean

My hubby and I are looking to book a cruise this November, and can't decide between a mini suite on the Caribbean Princess or a Cat. 11 Suite on Carnival Triumph. As a kid I have been on both cruise lines, but that has been 10-15 years ago, this will be his first cruise. We are both in our 20's and my hubby is worried about ''old'' people on the cruise. I am more concerned with too many unsupervised kids running around (we are leaving our 2 yr. old with Grandpa). We are not ''partiers'' and I am in my first trimester, so I will not be drinking.

Any advice on which way to go?

I loved the Caribbean Princess, so thats what Id pick if all else is equal as far as dates and getting to port.

Those who wanted to party at night loved that top bar in the aft, Id have to go look at the deck plans to see the name again, but they partied until late every night up there on my cruise. I went with a group from age 22 up.

Im sure you would have fun on either cruise though.

before i took my Princess cruise i too heard many rumors abut sailing with Old people--many seniors-- how the ship "dies" after 11..

nothing could be further from the truth. After sailing carnival 10 times Princess has a new cruiser. Seafood in all its glory can be had almost nightly at the buffet.

--

between the two choices-- the Princess over Carnival anytime.

If you are sailing during thanksgiving week there will be tons of kids on both ships. ANy other week you will be good with less kids

I've sailed both--Carnival twice and on the Caribbean Princess three times.

(4th is scheduled for this Dec.) I'd rather be on NO ship if Carnival was all there was to offer. Both times and on different ships I felt the cleanliness, service, food and entertainment just wasn't up to par with any of the other lines.

As far as cruising with Oldsters, that depends on the time of year you're cruising. The beginning of school terms have older people rather than families sailing. Holidays and summers have more families. Spring break--watch out! Especially if you're on Carnival. Too many young adults not realizing what too much alcohol can do--especially if the ship is stopping in Mexico.

Which ever you decide, enjoy smooth sailing!

Archived