Just back from the Conquest 9-9

dprg644

Well just got back form the Conquest from a 9-2 to 9-9 cruise. This was our first cruise and certainly won’t be our last. We simply had a great time. I will go into more detail later about the trip day by day including the excursions but trying to get stuff unpacked and so forth and wanted to get something out as soon as I could. The embarkation is a little overwhelming if you have never been thought it before. It took about an hour and half to get through everything and we were eating lunch on the Lido deck around 2 pm. After lunch we went to see if our cabin was ready and it was and our luggage was also there, what a surprise. The one down side was muster was done as we were sailing out of Galveston as we would have liked to see the ship get underway. :( We really enjoyed ourselves from the very first day. The food was great (midnight buffet was awesome) and our waitress was out of this world. Once we introduced ourselves to her she called us by our names from then on. She spent extra time with us since this was our first cruise going over the dos and don’ts and giving us some other very helpful advice. She was one of the highlights of the cruise. It is true a cruise is what you make it and we took in as much as we could and had a blast! The shows were good and the dancers we thought were really the highlight of the shows. All in all we have no major complaints and thought everything was a fantastic. We are very satisfied with Carnival and the Conquest and will book again. I am so glad we found this web site before we left as there is so much we learned on here from other cruisers which made our cruise just that much more fun. One piece of advice we did not take and should of is “don’t over pack!!!”. We did and could have saved that room for more stuff to bring back lol! The disembarkation went I thought very quickly. We did self disembark and got through everything including customs very quick, much faster then embarkation. I will post pic’s and more later. Oh having cruise withdrawals:( :(

I was on this cruise and I, too, will be posting a review sometime this week.

The cruise director was Butch Begovich and I thought he was really cool. I posted pics of him in the Cruise Director thread.

he's a new one to me-thanks Amber

Glad you enjoyed it. We're on next week. A few questions if you don't mind:

Who were the entertainers and/or comedians?

Who was the Cruise Director?

Anything special happening on board? (promo's etc)

Thanks

The CD is Butch Begovich. The shows were of course involving the conquest dancers and the orchestra. There was a magic show with "Deja" who was from Las Vegas, Ron Joseph (soul music), Carey Hackett & Rob Brown (vocal) Marc Rubben & Ronnie Bullard both regular and "R" rated comedy and Manuel Zuniga juggling. As far as specials it is the usual stuff nothing I thought out of the ordinary, sales here and there. The only thing out of the ordinary was a passenger who was retuning from a day in Cozumel and I am only guessing had too much to drink walked off the dock and fell in the water between the Caribbean Princess and the dock and had to be pulled from the water by a crew member. We (Conquest) and Caribbean Princess were docked nexted to each other with the concrete dock between us. He seemed to be OK as he was waiving to everyone while being carried in a stretcher. :confused:

The CD is Butch Begovich. The shows were of course involving the conquest dancers and the orchestra. There was a magic show with "Deja" who was from Las Vegas, Ron Joseph (soul music), Carey Hackett & Rob Brown (vocal) Marc Rubben & Ronnie Bullard both regular and "R" rated comedy and Manuel Zuniga juggling. As far as specials it is the usual stuff nothing I thought out of the ordinary, sales here and there. The only thing out of the ordinary was a passenger who was retuning from a day in Cozumel and I am only guessing had too much to drink walked off the dock and fell in the water between the Caribbean Princess and the dock and had to be pulled from the water by a crew member. We (Conquest) and Caribbean Princess were docked nexted to each other with the concrete dock between us. He seemed to be OK as he was waiving to everyone while being carried in a stretcher. :confused:

Thanks for the info. Love Marc Rubben. Can live without Deja.

I will be watching late comers at the Cozumel pier. That's the best show of the week.

Thanks for beginning your review so promptly. Can't wait for more. We leave in 6 weeks. What cabin were you in and how was it? Did your Roll Call meet and if so, where, when, and did that work?

I do believe that they did meet but unfortunately we missed it. We were trying to get situated and everything and well sorry we simply forgot until it was past. :( We had an inside cabin and it worked well for us since we spent little to no time in it. Next time I think we would like to try an ocean view to try something different.

Can you tell me what time the Conquest departs from Cozumel and what time we have to be back on the ship? I have seen 2 different times and I need to know the correct time so I can plan the Royal Dolphin Swim on my own and know how much time I will have left to get back to the ship. Thanks in advance.

Well just got back form the Conquest from a 9-2 to 9-9 cruise. This was our first cruise and certainly won’t be our last. We simply had a great time. I will go into more detail later about the trip day by day including the excursions but trying to get stuff unpacked and so forth and wanted to get something out as soon as I could. The embarkation is a little overwhelming if you have never been thought it before. It took about an hour and half to get through everything and we were eating lunch on the Lido deck around 2 pm. After lunch we went to see if our cabin was ready and it was and our luggage was also there, what a surprise. The one down side was muster was done as we were sailing out of Galveston as we would have liked to see the ship get underway. :( We really enjoyed ourselves from the very first day. The food was great (midnight buffet was awesome) and our waitress was out of this world. Once we introduced ourselves to her she called us by our names from then on. She spent extra time with us since this was our first cruise going over the dos and don’ts and giving us some other very helpful advice. She was one of the highlights of the cruise. It is true a cruise is what you make it and we took in as much as we could and had a blast! The shows were good and the dancers we thought were really the highlight of the shows. All in all we have no major complaints and thought everything was a fantastic. We are very satisfied with Carnival and the Conquest and will book again. I am so glad we found this web site before we left as there is so much we learned on here from other cruisers which made our cruise just that much more fun. One piece of advice we did not take and should of is “don’t over pack!!!”. We did and could have saved that room for more stuff to bring back lol! The disembarkation went I thought very quickly. We did self disembark and got through everything including customs very quick, much faster then embarkation. I will post pic’s and more later. Oh having cruise withdrawals:( :(

i am so excited to hear more ! we are leaving this sunday... what cabin were you in ?? did you go to the supper club?? if so what did ya have???

Can you tell me what time the Conquest departs from Cozumel and what time we have to be back on the ship? I have seen 2 different times and I need to know the correct time so I can plan the Royal Dolphin Swim on my own and know how much time I will have left to get back to the ship. Thanks in advance.

You have to be on board no later then 5:30 pm and they set sail at 6:00 pm.

i am so excited to hear more ! we are leaving this sunday... what cabin were you in ?? did you go to the supper club?? if so what did ya have???

We had 8322 on the Veranda deck (deck 8 mid ship). We had 5:45 seating (a table for two, just me and my wife) and the food was really, really good. We had everything from steak, lobster to escargot to prim rib. My advise is try a little of everything. We booked our cruise almost 8 months ago and time seemed to stand still until it was time to leave. Then the cruise seems to go soooo fast. You will have a great time. As many other people have said on here a cruise is what you make it. Have fun.

I was on the same cruise. The miniature golf was cool, but really close to the aft smoke stack. So close you can see suit (sp?) stains. We used it on a port day. I didn't want to think what it was like on a sea day. (I guess the fact the the ship is moving may carry away all the smoke.)

The Super Club WAS AWESOME! The best meal I've had on the ship. That meal rivals some of the steak houses I frequent. A meal like that here in Dallas would have easily cost $300 (with wine). We only paid $160. ($100 for the wine.) We almost went twice.

Here a link to that cruise's Capers.

http://www.hughharris.com/2sept07cruise/

Archived