Visa for Turkey

I am starting my cruise in Istanbul in April. I have to get a Visa for Turkey. It seems that the easiest way is to wait until you get to the airport and then purchase it there. Does anyone have any information on this process? Is the window open 24 hours? Is it better to get the Visa in the states before travelling? Thanks for any advice you have.:)

Hi,

We were in Turkey in June. When we got off the plane we followed the crowd towards customs and the visa booth was just to the left of the customs entrance. We paid $20 US cash for each of us and we were done in just a couple of minutes at the most. VERY EASY! There is no need to do anything ahead of time.

Hope this helps.

Laurie

The Window is open 24/7. You hand the gentleman your passport and $20US (I think it is still $20 or 15 euro - for Candians it is US$60), he stamps your passport and away you go to the passport control line. THere is really nothing to it. If you are not from the U.S. but from another Passport On Arrival country, the process is similar although the cost well be different.

For a normal toruist visa for a citizen of a country where Turkey's VOA program allows it, there is really no reason to get a visa before you go.

The offical site is http://www.mfa.gov.tr/MFA/ConsularInformation/ForForeigners/VisaInformation/visafees.htm. The cost might be different next year. Note that to the best of my knowledge, only US$ and euros are accepted. British pounds are accepted but, I think, only for holder of British passports.)

Paul

When you land at Istanbul airport, the Visa window is to the left of the lines for immigration. For US citizens they want a $20 bill IF you are on holiday. No NTL or Euros just US $20. I've been there on business several times and were told to get our visa in the US before leaving which was always a hassle

It's very, very easy even when you've flown through the night and are exhausted.

Istanbul is a beautiful city. I hope you have some time to visit it before your cruise.

Archived