car rental ft lauderdale to port of miami

jes924

I am looking for some updated information. The posts that I have been reading seem to be old and outdated. I need to rent a car at Ft Lauderdale airport but turn it in at/near the Port of Miami. Alamo tells me that they no longer have a shuttle from Miami airport to the port. Does anyone know if Thrifty is at the port or has a shuttle to the port? Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated. :)

thanks for the info. i booked with Thrifty, but they don't hold it with credit card but they do give you a confirmation #. I am a little nervous

about that, so I am going to call back to confirm the reservation and double check on the shuttle. They definately had the best price.

I also tried Alamo and they told me that they no longer have a shuttle

to the port. I might call Dollar just to check prices.

• 2 weeks later...

well, i have some updated information re; alamo rentals. they do have a shuttle, but since we are flying into ft lauderdale and dropping off in miami, they will not shuttle us. cancelled that reservation, going to double check with Thrifty.

I used Thrifty last week returning to FLL from Port of Miami. I also made a reservation with Dollar. The shuttle from the port said Thrifty/Dollar. I was thinkin' we would take whoever showed up first. We waited only a few minutes even though my grand plan was kaput. The shuttle took us out to the airport/got the car after the usual interminable wait/headed to the Everglades and onward to Fll as we had a late flight. Thrifty and Dollar appear to be joined--they also share desk and lot space now.

I used Avis at the start of the cruise FLL to port/dropoff downtown/taxi back to port---I think I would be tempted to dropoff at Miami airport location and shuttle to port if that is available next time.

Is Avis open on Sunday?

So, I'm not sure they are open on Sunday. I found the reservation form from a couple of months ago and it indicates open Sunday 8am-1pm.

The downtown address 99 SE 2nd St (at SE 1st Ave)

305-379-1317

To find it head south on Biscayne to the approximate street/ave--lots of 1 ways in that area.

Posted twice, so this must be some important stuff.....

Is Avis open on Sunday?

So, I'm not sure they are open on Sunday. I found the reservation form from a couple of months ago and it indicates open Sunday 8am-1pm.

The downtown address 99 SE 2nd St (at SE 1st Ave)

305-379-1317

To find it head south on Biscayne to the approximate street/ave--lots of 1 ways in that area.

Is Avis open on Sunday?

AVIS Downtown Miami - M6I

99 Southeast 2nd Street, (at Southeast 1st Avenue), Miami, FL 33131 , (1) 305-379-1317

Sun 08:00AM-01:00PM; Mon-Fri 08:00AM-06:00PM; Sat 08:00AM-04:00PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Does anyone know if the Avis in downtown Miami has an after hours drop off? I want to drop it off the night before the cruise so I don't have to pay the parking charge at the hotel, and just take a cab to the port in the morning. If it's within walking distance to the Holiday Inn I can just Park the car there then go back in the morning to return it I guess??

We rented from Alamo at FLL Airport and returned to the South Beach location. Free van shuttle from there to Port of Miami. When I called the national number I was told no transfer. I called the South Beach location number and was told they do offer the transfer. After returning the car we waited about 15 minutes for the van to arrive. Alamo had the best rates when we were there in September. Have a great cruise!!

Archived