Nachi Cocom, San Francisco, PB?

jeast

What's the major difference between Nachi Cocom and San Francisco Beach? Has anyone been to both?

We are in our thirties, trying to relax (not party hearty with the youngsters) and don't want a crazy place. I like the sound of PB but am considering the other two because I kind of like a pool for a change of pace during a long day at the beach. Do either of them charge for use of water trampoline, kayaks, etc? This is very appealing about Paradise Beach. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi jeast -

We're in our 30s too and will be going to Nachi-Cocom beach next weekend. I've done some extensive research and have found that Nachi-Cocom is our best match. It's considered a "sophisticated beach club". Haven't seen one bad thing on the boards about this beach.

From everyones description its quiet and relaxing. It's not "party central" (like Playa Mia/Del sol). They have a freshwater pool w/ a swim up bar and also a jacuzzi. They offer many water sports (motorized sports have a charge), but no trampoline- they do offer banana boat rides, paddel boats, volleyball court, kayaks, wave runners, parasailing and snorkel equip. They have hammocks too!

I was deciding between PB and Nachi-Cocom but since we're drinkers when it comes to vacations.. we chose Nachi-Cocom for their inclusive package (which PB doesn't offer).

I received an email from the manager yesterday and here are the all inclusive packages:

Open bar/domestic/use of non motorized water sports - $32

Open bar/domestic/buffet from 1:00 - 3:30 - $43

If you email him at the nachi-cocom website (do a search in google) he will respond with a 10% discount on inclusive packages and a 20% discount on food.

No admission, but they do ask you spend up to $10.00 on food and beverage

When do you plan on going on your trip? I'll be sure to give you the full scoop when we get back to help you decide. Hope this helps!

Lisa

Lisa,

Thanks for the great info! I would appreciate a review once you've been there. I certainly hope you enjoy your cruise.

We are sailing the Sensation on 10/23. Our first cruise and our first real vacation in 12 years so we are really looking forward to it.

Enjoy your cruise!

Literally the only thing that divides them is a sign!!!! We spent 2 or 3 hours at PB - had several drinks (spent about $40) then we went to San Francisco Beach - used their fresh water pool and had lunch. We were just there last week and both beaches were practically deserted. My kids liked the fresh water pool for a change (Sensation has salt water pool). One cab ride takes you to two peaches - we rented a car - wasn't worth the money because we didn't trust it to get all the way around the island! 65 miles around.

Lisacas1 - I did a google search and for some reason, cannot find a website with an email. The only good hit I got (that wasn't just a review website) is a popup window type thing from Cozumel Insider. Do you happen to know the site by chance?

Just got back yesterday from our cruise on the Celebration and visited Nachi-Cocom while in Cozumel.

Food was good. Service was "so-so". There were barely any crowds, which was the great thing! When you ask for your "cruise critic" discount, ask for the manager because the waitstaff knows nothing of this.

If you pay by credit card, be sure you get your credit card RIGHT BACK. They have to manually swipe your card and they hold on to it, for no reason at all. It took a good 35 mins to get our card back. Which wasted a lot of our time. We only had 2 hours to spend at the beach club, which is not worth the inclusive package. We got there at 1pm and left at about 3pm. I only recommend using their inclusive package if you are going to be there for more than 3 hours. If not, it's a waste of money.

The beach is nice, absolutely nothing to see in the water - so don't bother getting snorkeling gear. The freshwater pool is nice. The water was nice too, but it was so salty it stung our eyes most of the time.

If you want somewhere quiet and not so crowded, Nachi-Cocom is the way to go. But don't expect excellent staff service.

lisacas1,

Do you know how much the beers cost?

What did y'all eat? Do you remember any prices? Did you happen to notice the price of the lobster?

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. We plan to go in October. We were between Nachi and Playa Palancar and we chose Nachi because of the pool. It's nice to have some fresh water to get in after being in the ocean.

Thanks for any info.

We had the inclusive plan so I'm not sure how much the beer costs. We had nachos and crispy chicken tacos which was good. We spent about $16.00 in food for the both of us. That included 1 order of nachos, 2 orders of chicken tacos.

Swim up bar was nice, but crowded and over taken by the cruise employees. The pool was full of kids.

The shower consists of a garden hose by the pool.

Don't bother with the inclusive plan if you don't plan on drinking a lot or being there for less than 3 hours. Not worth it.

thanks for the review, Lisa. I think that for atmosphere and cheerful service, we might just go with Paradise Beach instead. You helped me make up my mind! Thanks again.

No problem Jeast! I wasn't all that too impressed with Nachi cocom. It wasn't that crowded, which was a good thing, but the service wasn't all that great and it seemed like they didn't have their act together over there. It might have something to do with their regular manager not being in town that week.

The drinks were so-so, I regret spending $54 for two for their inclusive package. Next time, we're going to Paradise Beach!

Archived