Hotel in Barbados

mynameis

Any suggestions on where to stay in Barbados before a Pride cruise.

Last year I stayed at the Coral Mist Beach Hotel 2 days' prior to my Pride cruise. It's not a Hilton(!), but it was very reasonable (by Barbados' standards), clean and comfortable and about a 15 minute cab ride to the port.

http://www.coralmistbarbados.com/facilities.htm

Not knowing when your cruise is planned, I'd suggest making reservations "somewhere" as soon as you can!

Hope this helps,

Paul

If you don't want/need a "Ritz" type hotel I've stayed at The Coconut Court Beach Hotel several times. It's located in Christ Church area ~~quite comfortable, right on the beach. They have a shuttle service from the Airport-to the Cruise pier. You can "goggle" the site~~e-mail James Best (at the front desk)

A fun open-air restaurant/bar area where everyone "meets and greets."

You'll enjoy downtown Bridgetown!

Have fun,

Martita B.

I have stayed at Coral Sands on the south shore several times. I has a lovely decor, suites with a kitchen (ok, I called out for KFC), and a lovely bar, pool, and terrace right on the beach.

I also stayed at Peach and Quiet and while many like it I am with West Coast Jane and would not stay there again. It's too far from everywhere, for one thing.

I, too, have stayed at the Coral Mist (and also the Hilton). I would stay at the Coral Mist again - just set you expectations appropriately. The location was very good, as was the beach, with several mid-range restaurants within walking distance. The hotel did have free local calls which was helpful since LIAT lost my luggage - another good reason to arrive a day or two early!

You might want to go to the Oistins fish fry on Friday night. You can take either a bus or taxi from the front door of the hotel. I went last year and it was a lot of fun.

johnny

We'll be staying at Little Arches in Christ Church before our December Pride cruise. It's a small, boutique hotel across the street from Miami/Enterprise Beach. This will be our first stay with them, but they sound wonderful! Lots of info and a video on their website (not sure if I'm allowed to post the address, but take your best guess <g> or Google it).

They do have a minimum stay requirement though.

Bechi

Last year I stayed at a cute place called Peach and Quiet. Jane BP mentioned it, above. She's right, it's on the far side of the island. However, you won't believe the view and you won't believe the bargain. One of the reasons it's inexpensive: they have no air conditioning! Also, sitting outside trying to get some air, I've never had so many mosquito bites. The sliding glass doors in the rooms have no screens. There are ceiling fans, and they may be able to get you another floor fan, but be warned. I would not go back for those two reasons. However, if you look on TripAdvisor, most people simply love the place, and I have to give it high marks for its beauty, quiet (and no kids allowed!). They do have rooms closer to the ocean, maybe those get a breeze. My upstairs room, set back from the ocean, was stifling day and night.

I am staying at the Hilton in Bridgetown a few days pre-cruise. I was there for a day last year and absolutely loved it. Fantastic beach and pool. Pricey, though.

Jane

Archived