Carnival In Charleston???

cruzeluver

Believe me, I know there are a lot of rumors out there that turn out be just that, rumors. But a co-worker of mine stated she was told by en employee at Carnival that they are planning on bringing a ship to Charleston on a regular basis, not just the couple of five-nighters a year currently available. Anyone else heard about this? I would be dancing in the aisles if this were to happen, as I live in Charleston, and would love to have other options.

We did the NCL Majesty cruise out of Charleston last year. Had a great time but would love to see another ship here.

The only other information this co-worker provided (sorry I didn't put it in my original post) is that the itinerary would include a stop in Jamaica. Sounds awfully specific to me. Guess only time will tell.

Hmmmm, kinda doubtful Carnival would put a ship in SC and have it go to Jamaica, thats a long haul.

Hmmmm, kinda doubtful Carnival would put a ship in SC and have it go to Jamaica, thats a long haul.

Not really. NCL does a 7-Day Western Caribbean from Charleston that goes to Key West, Grand Cayman & Cozumel.

I would love to have more Carnival cruises from Charleston. I'm about 3-4 hours away, I guess. Maybe I'll try NCL sometime, though. It would be good to be able to make comparisons between different lines.

Not really. NCL does a 7-Day Western Caribbean from Charleston that goes to Key West, Grand Cayman & Cozumel.

I would love to have more Carnival cruises from Charleston. I'm about 3-4 hours away, I guess. Maybe I'll try NCL sometime, though. It would be good to be able to make comparisons between different lines.

Well, I meant its a long haul when you look at Carnival's SOP. Since they have most of their fleet in the Caribbean, it doesnt make sense for them to make that run.

But, the great thing about this site is there are always rumors floating around about new homeports and itineraries :) Its fun to dream.

Believe me, I know there are a lot of rumors out there that turn out be just that, rumors. But a co-worker of mine stated she was told by en employee at Carnival that they are planning on bringing a ship to Charleston on a regular basis, not just the couple of five-nighters a year currently available. Anyone else heard about this? I would be dancing in the aisles if this were to happen, as I live in Charleston, and would love to have other options.

We did the NCL Majesty cruise out of Charleston last year. Had a great time but would love to see another ship here.

DH & I did a Charleston to Boston from Charleston ;) although it was a repositioning cruise. It was great. Cruised from there on Celebrity also and NCL but just to Bermuda. I LOVE the idea of a regular Carnival from there!

Happy crusing,

Luv's Crusin'

Archived