Snorkeling or Cave Tubing?

moencat

We'll be in Belize on Carnival Legend next month, and I'm still unsure of what to plan for this port. We'll go to Roatan rather than Costa Maya, so I decided to zipline there instead of Belize. Cave tubing seems like it would be interesting, but maybe boring?? 5-5 1/2 hours for this tour just seems like a long time, and pretty much eats up our whole day in Belize. I would love to just do the beach and snorkel at every port, but the rest of the family begins to get bored with too many beach days :o

Any suggestions?

We enjoyed the cave tubing. We used an independent tour. The ride is about an hour, but the guides made it very interesting. Then you walk thru the rainforest for 20-30 minutes, which makes you ready to jump in the water. It's a very unique experience!

We'll be in Belize on Carnival Legend next month, and I'm still unsure of what to plan for this port. We'll go to Roatan rather than Costa Maya, so I decided to zipline there instead of Belize. Cave tubing seems like it would be interesting, but maybe boring?? 5-5 1/2 hours for this tour just seems like a long time, and pretty much eats up our whole day in Belize. I would love to just do the beach and snorkel at every port, but the rest of the family begins to get bored with too many beach days :o

Any suggestions?

Both tours were fabulous in Belize – my wife and I snorkeled at the Hol Chan marine reserve and also did cave tubing. If you want snorkeling, either a ships’s tour or right there at the dock in Belize City, three independent operators sell the snorkeling tour for about $50 per person. As for cave tubing, that sells for $45 by a couple independent operators – we used Major Tom at ***** and it turned out to be a fun tour loaded with information, and great sights.

Safe Travels..... curtis

You can snorkel anywhere in the Caribbean but how many places can you go cave tubing?

Trust me, it's not boring!!

Take a private tour, you can catch them at the pier for 1/2 the price as the ship excursion, there will be many people with you from the ship and because it will be a small group (about 10 people) you will get back to the pier in plenty of time do so some shopping or wander around town.

P.S. you will also love Ziplining in Roatan but i do also recomend you take a private tour, it will cost you alot less $$.

I'm debating about the same....

We love to snorkel and some are saying snorkeling is awesome is Belize so granted you can snorkel anywhere but not alway the best conditions.

Cave tubing sounds interesting just because we have never done it....some a bit boring all alone. I would like to zip line as well but hubby isn't feeling warm and fuzzy about that idea.

Would like to hear from others

Cave Tubing is a wonderful tour, but I wouldn't take the ship's tour. We went with Major Tom and his helper had to rescue several girls from the Carnival tour along the way. There were only 8 of us, all from our roll call, and it was a great experience!

Since we have already done the cave tubing, we are thinking of a Carnival snorkeling tour to Goff's Cay to avoid tendering, but so far, I have not been able to get an answer to this question- is ther a bar/ restaurant at Goff's Cay?

Archived