Solarium--Adults Only?

:confused: :rolleyes: I know that this may be a stupid question but this is my 1st cruise. Is the Solarium adults only? The reason I'm asking is that it seems the snacks that most kids, teen like--Pizza, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs are all offered here and if is is adult only--Is there a place for kids to get these kinds of snacks? Also, are these snacks included in price of cruise or are these extras?

Also, Are kids allowed in the pool area or is there a separate pool area for them? We will be sailing on Enchantment of the Seas.

Thanks for any help

:confused: :rolleyes: I know that this may be a stupid question but this is my 1st cruise. Is the Solarium adults only? The reason I'm asking is that it seems the snacks that most kids, teen like--Pizza, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs are all offered here and if is is adult only--Is there a place for kids to get these kinds of snacks? Also, are these snacks included in price of cruise or are these extras?

Also, Are kids allowed in the pool area or is there a separate pool area for them? We will be sailing on Enchantment of the Seas.

Thanks for any help

The solarium is not adults only. The pool and jacuzzi's in the solarium are for adults only. If you are 16 years of age or over you qualify as an adult in the solarium.

The kids can go there to get the snacks. That's a design flaw that they luckily fixed on Freedom Class.

So 16 and older only for the pool/hot tub. The snacks are open to anyone. :)

You call it a design flaw. I call it poor planning.

The kids can go there to get the snacks. That's a design flaw that they luckily fixed on Freedom Class.

So 16 and older only for the pool/hot tub. The snacks are open to anyone. :)

And the Voyager class. No snack bar in the Solariums, just a "bar" bar. IMO, it really was a dumb idea to have the most "kid favored" foods available in a venue that's supposed to be more "quiet" and a retreat. (No, I don't blame kids who go to the Solarium snack bars on the ships that have them. I'm saying it was a dumb place to put the thing in the first place--on those ships the kids are following the rules as long as they get their food and then depart.)

beachchick

If kid do use the solarium pools or hot tubs, they are asked to leave ... by me, at least. I have no problem enforcing the rules.

I guess maybe I just look mean, too. Ha.

You're not alone. Maybe it's just that I put on my old "school teacher" expression and give them what my DD used to call "the look"? Normally, I don't think I'm terribly frightening to look at (or at least, people don't run away screaming when they see me).:p

beachchick

You're not alone. Maybe it's just that I put on my old "school teacher" expression and give them what my DD used to call "the look"? Normally, I don't think I'm terribly frightening to look at (or at least, people don't run away screaming when they see me).:p

beachchick

I could put on my "Nurse Ratchett" look and we would be an awesome trio,LOL.

Archived