Eurodam Aft SC Location

E91

Looking at booking a cruise on the Eurodam for 2008. My wife and I are huge fans of the aft SC category suites. We sailed in this category twice on the Zuiderdam and once on the Westerdam. I know that this ship will be quite similar but am wondering which deck would be preferred. Everything is open at this juncture. Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Are there anymore speculations about the differences in the corner afts on the Eurodam like there are on the Vistas ie room or balcony size or configuratin from one deck to another. Thanks in advance ;)

At this juncture, it would only be speculation. Since her first sailing is supposed to be in July, we may have to wait until then to get reliable information about those cabins. I am booked in 6175 (formerly 6171) in November, so I'd love to have answers too.

We will be in 5187 in December. If you take a ruler and measure the various aft staterooms, you can get an idea of the relative size. That's what I did.

5187 and 5186 (I think now 5190 and 5191) are slightly larger on the Westerdam

than their counterparts and they seem to be larger on the Eurodam, too, but only time will tell.

In the meantime, we're booked. As for being completely covered, for us that's a good thing.

Roberta

It seems that on the Eurodam only the Upper Promenade Deck corner afts will accomadate 3 people all the others are for 2 only . With that I would like to know how noisey those rooms are. I have read somewhere about people being awakened by the anchor when docking. Are the anchors located in the back? For those of you who have stayed in the Upper Promenade corner afts on the Holland ships are they comfortble? Being above a dining area are you awakend by the huslte and bustle of pots and pans banging? Thanks

It seems that on the Eurodam only the Upper Promenade Deck corner afts will accomadate 3 people all the others are for 2 only . With that I would like to know how noisey those rooms are. I have read somewhere about people being awakened by the anchor when docking. Are the anchors located in the back? For those of you who have stayed in the Upper Promenade corner afts on the Holland ships are they comfortble? Being above a dining area are you awakend by the huslte and bustle of pots and pans banging? Thanks

We were in a corner aft on Upper Promenade on Westerdam in Nov. 2007 and loved it. Don't remember any issues with noise at all - certainly not from the dining room below us. Maybe a little bit when docking, but not enough to awaken us. Extremely comfortable and plenty roomy, even though smaller than the SAs. Of course, Eurodam's aft corner cabins will be different, and it's not clear yet how much and in what ways.

Would you prefer having a corner aft to a larger room like the SA's? It seems that many really like having an aft suite so I would like to book early. And the window washer that was outside your aft, is it there the entire time?

Would you prefer having a corner aft to a larger room like the SA's? It seems that many really like having an aft suite so I would like to book early.

I haven't been in an SA, but my DH and I found the aft SC to be plenty roomy enough for the two of us. (It might be a bit tight for three unless the third were a small child.) The added exterior space more than made up for any diminution in the interior space, and the sight and sound of the wake, and the quiet and privacy of the corner location, were wonderful. I don't think we would have used the Neptune Lounge all that much even if we had been closer to it, but that is a consideration for some people; the corner afts on the Upper Promenade are the farthest you can get from the Neptune of all the cabins that give you the right to use it!

... the window washer that was outside your aft, is it there the entire time?

Yes. I never saw them move or use it. Perhaps this is done on turnaround days between cruises, or maybe it happened while we were in port. But it really didn't interfere with our enjoyment of the cabin. It's off on the side wraparound part of the veranda, and we didn't use that very much, except occasionally to go around and look at the view, and to get the loungers out of the way when we weren't using them. There was plenty of space fore and aft of the window washer thing where you could look out over the rail.

....And the window washer that was outside your aft, is it there the entire time?

Yes. I never saw them move or use it. Perhaps this is done on turnaround days between cruises, or maybe it happened while we were in port. But it really didn't interfere with our enjoyment of the cabin. It's off on the side wraparound part of the veranda, and we didn't use that very much, except occasionally to go around and look at the view, and to get the loungers out of the way when we weren't using them. There was plenty of space fore and aft of the window washer thing where you could look out over the rail.

I think they prefer to use the window washer when the ship is stationary for safety reasons. As such, I would expect it to be uses only when the ship was docked.

Archived