?? About Bedding Config on Caribbean Princess

belder

Hello Everyone! My family is booked on the CB for the 12/23 sailing out of FLL...I noticed today on our cruise personalizer that the bedding in our Balcony Suite was configured to 'twin'. When I booked with my TA I know I specifically requested 'queen', and was told a rollaway would be brought in at night for my son. Myself, my husband and my 11 year old son will be sharing this cabin. (Which by the way is midship on the Aloha Deck) My question is this.... I called today to have the bedding config changed, and was told that because we were a party of 3 in this room that they could NOT accomodate the queen configuration because of the safety for the person in the upper pull down. So basically it will be my husband and I in twin beds with my son in the upper. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Any advice?

Not only the inconveneience of twin beds , but I think that will take up more floor space with the space between the bedding........ :(

Relax, my dear. The Princess booking computer will not allow a 3 person booking to show as a queen configuration in a standard balcony room, and yes, this is normal and a frequent concern for first-timers.

However, many people do ask their steward to change it onboard as this picture shows:

389888924IacpNy_th.jpg(click to enlarge)

With some minor adjustments (ladder access for your son, bed access only at the foot for you and DH) you can manage a queen set up.

BTW, I assume you meant a balcony room, not a balcony suite as stated in your post; the only midship suites are on Riviera deck, not Aloha, and they do have a sofa for the third person.

OOPS.. Yes, I did mean balcony room, not suite. And Thanks for the picture. I know its going to be a tight fit, but we are traveling with other family members for the Christmas holiday and have side by side balconies. Otherwise we probably would have opted for a mini suite....who knows maybe we still will!!! Thanks again!

Archived