Anna Nicole Tour ? - No Flaming, Please

beverland

My sisters and I will be in Nassau in December and are interested in seeing house, church, cemetary, etc. of Anna Nicole Smith.

I know some info was posted month's ago about a tour. Did anyone actually tour or take a cab to the locations? I would love some info or recommendations on what to do and if you toured with any particular person/company.

We've been to Nassau several times and want to do something different this trip.

Before you pass judgement on me and my sisters, please know we've also been to Graceland and visit our parent's & grandparent's gravesites, too. It's a "girl bonding thing", ok? :D

My sisters and I will be in Nassau in December and are interested in seeing house, church, cemetary, etc. of Anna Nicole Smith.

I know some info was posted month's ago about a tour. Did anyone actually tour or take a cab to the locations? I would love some info or recommendations on what to do and if you toured with any particular person/company.

We've been to Nassau several times and want to do something different this trip.

Before you pass judgement on me and my sisters, please know we've also been to Graceland and visit our parent's & grandparent's gravesites, too. It's a "girl bonding thing", ok? :D

There are still cabbies that will take you on this tour.. but be aware that the house is to the east and the cemetery to the South west, so the tour is a bit pricey. Additionally, you can no longer get into the cemetery, only those with family members can pass. And the House is gated and set back a bit behind a fence and bushes. Not much to see.

Visit the Government House (court) at Rawson Square and call it a day. It's free and right up the road.

No judgement - just dont want you to feel ripped off.

Thanks for the info Scubagirl. Do you know where the church is?

To sassafrass - I have visited cemetaries in many of the islands. It is interesting to see the headstones. Many of them are quite ornate and beautiful. Lots of history can be found in the local cemetaries.

HHmmm wonder why they started barrinng people that had no family at the cemetary? Do you think it was because they didn't want total strangers turning it into a tourist attraction? Nah, that sounds stupid.

The cemetary had become a media circus and the families of those who had family and friends resting there couldn't get near the place.

The Bahamas is a very christian community, and locals were appauled at the lack of respect and irreverance given to their dear ones.

I have visited cemetaries in many of the islands. It is interesting to see the headstones. Many of them are quite ornate and beautiful. Lots of history can be found in the local cemetaries.

I completely agree with you! =) Walking around cemetaries, especially very old ones, is also an interest of mine. I learned so much about Galveston (TX) history by walking around an old cemetary.

I completely agree with you! =) Walking around cemetaries, especially very old ones, is also an interest of mine. I learned so much about Galveston (TX) history by walking around an old cemetary.

this is not an old nor interesting cemetary. It's a big lot adjacent to the main road. I'm sure there are others with some history.

BTW.. for those who are interested. The tour is $50pp from the cabbies.

Archived