Reservation Questions ??

mr jailerman

The Question: Has anyone ever booked thru Carnival direct and befour making the final payment, give that reservation to a T/A due to a special offer they make for your business. I am considering doing just that. I have a Cat 12 booked on Carnival and I am a PAST GUEST with an issued # but yet Carnival will due nothing special for this reservation. Now, if I wanted an OCEAN view or a Inside room they will give me a two Category upgrade. You would think that since I am paying almost 3 times the price as a low deck inside cabin they may want to offer me somthing as A past guest ($$) wise. I can go to a T/A that advertises right here on cruisecritic (If I can switch my reservation) and they will PRE-PAY my Tips just because I booked a Carnival suite through them. What do you think? It's does seem like alot of leg work for the $40.00 savings but I think it's more the principal. Thanks for your time and input.:)

We just did that for our December cruise. Got a better deal from a travel agent, called Carnival and gave them a chance to match it. Carnival told me they couldn't do it so I transferred the reservation the the travel agent. No big deal, she did while I was on hold. We have a longer time period to make our final payment also. If you can work a better deal, go for it.

Enjoy your cruise!:cool:

Archived