Single Occp 125% Ros

howndder

I just thought I would share some info I found out while trying to book the Trans-Atlantic for April 09 for my M-I-L. She of course would require a single and with that in mind and the fact that I wanted to get her the lowest possible single rate, I contacted my TA and asked her to look into booking her. She called me back yesterday with the news. All the 125% and the 150% were gone. She said they had 175% only available now. When she pressed Seabourn to explain how so far out they told her there were only 2 cabins at the 125% and only 2 cabins at the 150% and I believe she said 5 at 175% and all others at 200%. So, if you're wondering why you're not able to get these rates, now you know. I guess the loyal repeaters got there first. I would have booked these cabins while we were on board this past April, but my M-I-L had said she was through with travel as she was too old. (89). Rubbish I said and now she has agreed with me and it's too late to get Seabourn at least at the low rate. I have told my agent to keep her eye open on this trip for us as she is a high Seabourn booking agent. I'll keep my fingers crossed and I ask that you all do the same, because she really wants to go Seabourn.

howndder (aka Howard)

Howard

I am not surprised at the high % single rate. I have a friend that wanted to book Seabourn for a 4 month voyage. The only single rate she could manage was 175%, which she thought was simply too expensive. I remember the "good 'ole days" when we solo sailor's could book the 110% ~~ Unfortunately, I guess those days are gone.

I will certainly keep my fingers crossed as to your TA finding and securing your M-I-L a reasonable rate ~~she would love Seabourn and we would love having her join us!

Martita B.

Does the availability of the 125% single supplement have to do with the itineraries do you think? I've always gotten them for the Caribbean and I book about a year in advance. Or, is it just there are so many to be had on each sailing, and the more popular sailings for singles (I know many of you like the crossings) sell out early?

Jane

I think everyone needs to keep in mind that there is no cruise line that provides a 110% single supplement and even the 125% is extremely rare, so while the additional capacity may free up some suites, the result may be lower per person prices on some itineraries, but not a lower single supplement.

Eric, you're absolutely right. If I had to pay 175% or more, I could not cruise on Seabourn. I think their single supplement is extremely generous at 125%. That, the superlative service and general perfection of the entire experience, keeps me coming back!

Jane ;)

I've been following this thread and thought I would jump in with my experience. I too am a solo cruiser, basically with Celebrity to date. I have been exploring the opportunity to sail SB, and with the help of some of you, I was able to book a ROS at 125% on a Caribbean sailing in February 2009 ... at the time of booking I felt a little silly, considering how far in advance it is (my TA said I was her very first booking for '09 - this was back in mid-July).

Well, now I'm glad I booked as early as I did! It will take me that long just to save up, but I know it will be worth it. The way the 125% solo supp availability is going, this may be the only SB cruise I ever get to go on. I might be able to swing 150% in the future, but 175% (and definitely 200%) would be out of the question!

I've been following this thread and thought I would jump in with my experience. I too am a solo cruiser, basically with Celebrity to date. I have been exploring the opportunity to sail SB, and with the help of some of you, I was able to book a ROS at 125% on a Caribbean sailing in February 2009 ... at the time of booking I felt a little silly, considering how far in advance it is (my TA said I was her very first booking for '09 - this was back in mid-July).

Well, now I'm glad I booked as early as I did! It will take me that long just to save up, but I know it will be worth it. The way the 125% solo supp availability is going, this may be the only SB cruise I ever get to go on. I might be able to swing 150% in the future, but 175% (and definitely 200%) would be out of the question!

GOOD FOR YOU! I have to agree that Seabourn is very generous. It's rare to find something below 175% or more so that is great. I don't want time to fly (not for me anyway) but good move on your part. You have something fabulous to look forward to.

Archived