Need Help Choosing Bon Voyage Gift

NurseBeth

So my DF has booked a cruise for us on the Sensation in 2 weeks as my belated nursing school graduation gift! I am so excited, and I wanted to surprise HIM with a Bon Voyage gift in our stateroom on our sailing day. He loves food (the way to his heart is DEFINITELY through his stomach!) so I was thinking of ordering the chocolate-covered strawberries or maybe the cookies. I also would love to have a bottle of wine or champagne waiting for us, but to be perfectly honest, I am completely IGNORANT when it comes to such things....I'm looking for something with a lighter taste (we enjoy fruity flavors) and not overly dry. I just think it would add to the experience to walk in and have a bottle of something chilling on ice in our room! :) Then I can play coy and say "Gee....how did that get there?!" ;)

He has been so patient with me and supportive as I have made this long journey through nursing school and I wanted to do something special for him. Any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I'm not sure....that's something else I was wondering. I'm sure that if it ISN'T chilled that your room steward would be happy to bring some ice for you.

I think I am leaning towards the chocolate-covered strawberries and some wine or champagne. :D

I'm not sure....that's something else I was wondering. I'm sure that if it ISN'T chilled that your room steward would be happy to bring some ice for you.

I think I am leaning towards the chocolate-covered strawberries and some wine or champagne. :D

It can be hit or miss on the pre-chilling of champagne. You steward will get it chillin' asap.

Most champagnes I have tried are a bit on the dry side. If you do like fruity flavors go for a sparkling wine. If you prefer you can carry on champagne or wine (I know it's tough to make it a surprise), that is recommended at your local fine wine store.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Payd:)

I had thought about bringing it along myself in my carry-on bag but my fiance' is so nosy he would discover it way before we got to the pier! I have been looking through the Bon Voyage wine list on the Carnival site and I'm considering either the Martini & Rossi Asti or the Riesling Chateau Ste. Michelle.

im leaving on thurs.. and my bfs mom spoiled the suprise to me and told me she sent us something on the ship hehe---

strawberries and champagne... Perrier-Jouet Champagne its the best champagne ever!!!!!

cant wait to haveeee someeee!!!!

Welcome to the Nursing sisterhood!

Definetely go through Carnival's Bon Voyage. Other company's are not delivered until much later. I think you can ask that it be chilling in the room. It's really a great surprise, too. I do it for myself on every cruise! My kids love seeing the fruit and cheese basket and I love the champaign which my son likes to uncork for me. They are now both of drinking age...I hope I get some for myself next time!

You can call Bon Voyage direct and they sell things like HARD LIQUOR and BEER that they DON'T advertise on there website (If you wan't to get something that you KNOW he will like) They get you a little on the cost but still much cheaper then buying one at a time. I just bought a ONE LITER bottle of "Captain Morgan Spiced Rum" for $40.00 and it will be in my room WHEN I ARRIVE..:) Just another option in addition to the wine. Have a great cruise.

We are red wine lovers so we don't have to worry about it being iced! I have ordered the fruit and wine basket on several occasions and that has been a wonderful bon voyage surprise! Grapes you can feed each other, etc. And plenty of stuff to munch on for a midnight snack on the balcony. They always leave two wine glasses with the basket and there is always a carnival corkscrew in the basket as well. What ever you decide, have a great cruise!

:cool:

Thanks so much everyone for the great info! You have all been super-helpful! I don't know what I would have done without CC the past few months to hold me over until this cruise.

I'm going to ponder over my wine choice a bit more. I'll let you know what I decide! This is going to be the longest two weeks EVER!!!

I had thought about bringing it along myself in my carry-on bag but my fiance' is so nosy he would discover it way before we got to the pier! I have been looking through the Bon Voyage wine list on the Carnival site and I'm considering either the Martini & Rossi Asti or the Riesling Chateau Ste. Michelle.

I had the Martini Asti this passed weekend, it's Excellent! I never had the Reisling. I personally think the Martini Asti tastes like Ice Wine. Very sweet and fruity. Have a great cruise!

Wow, I hope my husband does this for us!! I can't immagine anything cooler than chilled champagne and chocolate covered strawberies waiting in our room when we arrive!!!

You should just do it for him and surprise him. Make his day and cruise!

We get this soon on our group cruise and its 10 girls and 2 guys but we will enjoy it just as much as a couple. Most guys don't like champagne that I know, so more for us girls.

Archived