Coke or Pepsi?

tammymacb

I didn't realize it was allowed to obviously bring cases of soda on board. I thought my fiance would have to drink whatever was available with a coke card or I would have to try to pack a bottle or two of Dr. Pepper in the luggage.

My question now is, I have to take a plane to the port... can I bring soda on the plane either in the luggage or ducktaped together with the labels on it? I have never flown or cruised before so I am a complete newbie. :) Any input would be appreciated.

I didn't realize it was allowed to obviously bring cases of soda on board. I thought my fiance would have to drink whatever was available with a coke card or I would have to try to pack a bottle or two of Dr. Pepper in the luggage.

My question now is, I have to take a plane to the port... can I bring soda on the plane either in the luggage or ducktaped together with the labels on it? I have never flown or cruised before so I am a complete newbie. :) Any input would be appreciated.

I always pack stuff in my checked luggage for the airport. Just make sure each suitcase stays under 50lbs. I actually bought a Postage Scale from Sam's with a detached reader so I can now easily weigh my suitcases and disperse stuff so it stays below the 50lb limit. You will have to pack it in checked since you can no longer carry it on an airplane. An alternative would be if you have time when we get to whatever city you are flying to, have your cab driver stop at a grocery store and pick your soda up there and then take it on the ship in your carryone. We do this all the time in San Juan. That way I don't have to take it on the plane with me, I just pick it up on the way to the port.

Don't take it with you from home. It is just too heavy and could get crushed and then leak. Assuming you are staying at least one night before you can either go out that night or the next day before checking out. If you are arriving the same day as a cruise (the horror!) have your cabbie stop by a store on the way to the port. so it costs you another 4 bucks it's all about convienence!

I always pack stuff in my checked luggage for the airport. Just make sure each suitcase stays under 50lbs. I actually bought a Postage Scale from Sam's with a detached reader so I can now easily weigh my suitcases and disperse stuff so it stays below the 50lb limit. You will have to pack it in checked since you can no longer carry it on an airplane. An alternative would be if you have time when we get to whatever city you are flying to, have your cab driver stop at a grocery store and pick your soda up there and then take it on the ship in your carryone. We do this all the time in San Juan. That way I don't have to take it on the plane with me, I just pick it up on the way to the port.

Do they have Dr. Pepper in San Juan?

When we were in Canada, there were very places that sold it.

Thanks!

I've never seen a Pepsi Product on a cruise ship. The only downside for me with cruising, with the exception of the obvious, having to get off the ship at the end, is there is no Pepsi for 1 week. By the time I get home, I am going through such bad withdrawals, I need to drink a 2 litre bottle in a 24 hr period just to get back to feeling normal again.

Pass the Pepsi Please :-)

I'm a Coke drinker, though a few weeks ago I drank a Pepsi because that's all the vending machine had at work.

and it tasted nasty!

I told my cousin about it, because we are both Coke fans (one of our relatives use to work at Coke, so we have an allegiance). And here is AIM conversation we had, which I thought was kinda funny.

COUSIN: can never pollute your body with pepsi

COUSIN: that's gross

ME: i didn't want it..but the vending machine only had that

ME: HAHAHAHA

COUSIN: then you don't get it!

COUSIN: drink tap water

COUSIN: if you have to

and I don't buy soda cards on cruises anymore, so I also down a whole bunch of soda when I get home from cruising :D

Archived