Duck tour in Seattle

Thanks for the responses. I was in Seattle in July, but just for a day and we went to Pikes Market and did the Underground tour which was great. We will be back again just for a day in April and we want to do the duck tour and the space needle and see Pikes Market again. We will have my 3 year old grand daughter with us so we will not be doing a great deal of walking especially uphill or I will have to carry her.

Does Washington require car seats in cabs for 3 year old kids?

Thanks again

Lynn

• 4 weeks later...

RCW 46.61.687

Child passenger restraint (car seat) required...

This section does not apply to: (a) For hire vehicles, (b) vehicles designed to transport sixteen or less passengers, including the driver, operated by auto transportation companies, as defined in RCW 81.68.010, © vehicles providing customer shuttle service between parking, convention, and hotel facilities, and airport terminals, and (d) school buses.

According to the RCW in Washington State:

Seat belts: yes

Car seats: no

However, we do call ahead and request one when possible. If there is a town car service from the hotel, it is often $5-20 more than a taxi - and they often have complimentary car seats with advanced reservations.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya know, it's funny... I've seen the "duck busses" running around Seattle :) Some of the passengers have their 'duck' hats on. I've lived in this area all my life and to this day have never gone on this tour. Maybe it's time eh? :) Anyhow, looks like fun. I'd suggest a quick call to them to see about the kid restraints.. also, The bus was somewhat open, so I'd be willing to bet that regulations would require them to have seat belts in their busses. Could be wrong, but I'd be really surprised if not..

Deb

Archived