Insurance - multiple trip annual insurance policies?

cruising3

Since I hope to take 2 cruises within the next year, I am looking for information about travel insurance plans that cover multiple trips in the same year. I have seen a few references on the boards to this type of policy, but not many. Anyone have any experience with these? Who offers these policies?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I buy the yearly policy.....cost depends on all the usual factors....but it is a bit cheaper......But I am in Canada so I can only speak from here.

The best part of the yearly plan is the "pre-existing" conditions. Once the policy kicks-in and it starts to cover the pre-existing as it has been stable for the previous six months, it is covered for the complete year.

The only other thing, I have my policy for 9 days. If I'm going to be gone for longer than that I will have to top up my coverage.

M

The cost of the trip dictates the price of the policy so you may not want to do that.

We bought a policy for our 08 Med. cruise and then wanted to add our airfare into it when we bought our tickets. The price of the trip was now so high the cost of the policy went way up.

We ended up buying a separate policy for the airfare - and saved several hundred dollars. Silly I know, but I spoke directly with a rep from the travel insurance company and that's the way it worked out. They wouldn't sell me a separate policy so I had to buy the additional policy from another company.

Just a thought. Check it out and see what is more cost effective.

Archived