How to Find Available Cabins on Princess' Website

bob7judy

Do a Book a Cruise. When you click "reserve' of "book", it will have a place to put a dot in the category you want. Once you do this, a list of available cabins will show up or it will say "guarantee" or "wait list" which means no cabins are currently available in that category. You can then click the back button and try a ditfferent category.

Go to Princess' web site. Click on Find and compare cruises. From this screen, click on the area, month, length of cruise. It will show cruises available. Click on the one you are interested in. In that screen, find the date desired, then click on reserve. It will show types of cabins. Click on the one desired, then click on Continue. From there, you will see the different categories. These categories are all based on where the rooms are located. Lowest category would be the lowest deck on the ship. Highest category would be upper levels of the ship, such as the Lido or Riviera, which is the same deck as the pool. After you have chosen a category, click on it. It will show you which rooms are available. If you click on the particular deck associated with it, it shows where the room is located on that deck. But, be advised that Princess only opens a few rooms at a time for any particular room. Especially if you are booking far in advance. Your best bet would be to contact them directly if you can't locate a room to your liking. Hope this helps.

It's been my experience that the princess website show you up to 6 rooms that are available. But not all the room which are available. Should you want to check for a specific room you enter it in at the bottom...where it asks "If you know the stateroom that you would like to reserve, please enter it here".

Also once you select a room and use the back button to change your mind, the room that was available before you looked at it, is now unavailable. At some point the original "look" you used times out or something, and the room is available again.

A side note to all of this...

This post got me interested in my up coming sailing (CB, 11/25) so I wanted to see what the availability looked like. I followed all the directions and found out that I had to register with Princess.com before I could go any father to see what cabins were available. Granted, registration is quick and painless but I don't believe that it was mentioned anywhere in this thread.

Just so everyone knows........

Archived