Sapphire Princess

coffee39

I have read a lot of tips/tricks and advice for Crown Princess as well as some of the other princess ships but find very little for the Sapphire which we will be on in July 2008. Are all the ships basically the same in that regard....seafood sailaway day, etc. or is each one different.

Any tips for the Sapphire?

I have read a lot of tips/tricks and advice for Crown Princess as well as some of the other princess ships but find very little for the Sapphire which we will be on in July 2008. Are all the ships basically the same in that regard....seafood sailaway day, etc. or is each one different.

Any tips for the Sapphire?

The Sapphire is a beautiful ship and I am sure you will enjoy her. I would advise to meet the Capt. He is a very funny, friendly man. Cheers, Larry :)

We did not hit the buffet in the evening on sailaway, so I am not aware if there is a seafood buffet on the menu or not. But what I can tell you about the anytime dining rooms is that there are four. All four have the same menu as the fixed seating formal dining room, and in addition, each has a specialty entree. We were quite fond of the Santa Fe and their fajitas. We also tried out Pacific Moon, and their oriental noodle stir fry with shrimp and scallops. Not our favorite, but good. The Savoy has pork chops - fellow cruisers said they were wonderful. We spent most evenings in the Santa Fe as our teens loved the fajitas.

We really enjoyed the Sapphire - lovely ship in the tradition of the grand class. We had a mini suite on Dolphin, and the balcony was wonderful. Large enough for lounge chairs and for four of us (the kids were across the hall in an inside) to enjoy the scenery from the balcony for extended periods of time. Skywalker's has some of the best views on the ship, in the case of inclement weather.

Have a great trip!

We love Sapphire/Diamond .. the lay out is similar to the CB (Explorer's Lounge, Club Fusion)... they do not at least in Alaska have the cold seafood buffet but the dinner buffet most nights has similar menu to the standard dining areas. We did traditional late dining in Alaska this year bec. it was difficult to get table for 6-8 when we wanted each night doing Anytime Dining in '05. I like these ships.. they are slightly smaller than CB.. the best kept secret is neat little bar called 'Wake View bar' that you get to by going down stairs by the stage in Club Fusion. The solariums are lovely IMHO on Diamond/Sapphire, nice bar, lap pool and the aft pool is situated same as on CB and a great place to relax and quieter than main pool areas.

Archived