Emerald Sanctuary questions

jerseygirl3

It is my understanding that you cannot pre-book this space and must do so each day. Is that correct? Meaning, you cannot book it for the entire week when you board the ship? Secondly, can you select where you want to lounge? And thirdly, are there sunny areas? I've been on the Golden, Grand, and Caribbean Princess ships, and I remember that area being where the tennis or basketball court was. Is that where the Sanctuary is located? And does it extend over to each side of the ship (meaning the upper deck to the sides of the adult only pool?). If so, then I would think that area gets full sun all day. As for the extra food charges, do you pay for each item separately? I understand it's a $3 delivery fee, but how many items can you order for that fee? Could my husband and I order lunch and pay just one $3 fee?

It is my understanding that you cannot pre-book this space and must do so each day. Is that correct? Meaning, you cannot book it for the entire week when you board the ship? Secondly, can you select where you want to lounge? And thirdly, are there sunny areas? I've been on the Golden, Grand, and Caribbean Princess ships, and I remember that area being where the tennis or basketball court was. Is that where the Sanctuary is located? And does it extend over to each side of the ship (meaning the upper deck to the sides of the adult only pool?). If so, then I would think that area gets full sun all day. As for the extra food charges, do you pay for each item separately? I understand it's a $3 delivery fee, but how many items can you order for that fee? Could my husband and I order lunch and pay just one $3 fee?

Let's see if I can help, our experience is on the Crown and here's a link to our photos: The Sanctuary

Yes, you are correct it is the area above the Lotus Spa Pool, under the dome. The more sunny loungers locations are along the side outside of the dome itself. So if you choose a lounger out there you'll be in the sun all day.

You can not pre-book and have to queue for which ever session you choose each day. You can book it for a full day. One of the staff will help you choose a lounger and will even move if to another location for you. We turned ours to face the sea under the dome rather than just look at the inside of the dome. They will then bring you ice water and spa menus.

We loved the spa menu and we both ordered and were charged only the $3 delivery fee. We saw many other go to HC or the pizzeria and bring back food no problem. We thought the spa menu and service added to the experience.

You can also have spa services up there for and additional fee.

We loved it there and would definitely do it again.

Have a great cruise.

saw your pictures and they looked great!

Just want to clarify something. In one picture it showed 2 levels, with the pool on the lower level with lounge chairs (I think blue and white stripes) with an upper level which looked like you got to by a set of stairs. Its the upper level that is considered the Sanctuary, not the level of the pool with the blue and white lounge chairs? That part is free and the upper level is the fee area?

saw your pictures and they looked great!

Just want to clarify something. In one picture it showed 2 levels, with the pool on the lower level with lounge chairs (I think blue and white stripes) with an upper level which looked like you got to by a set of stairs. Its the upper level that is considered the Sanctuary, not the level of the pool with the blue and white lounge chairs? That part is free and the upper level is the fee area?

Yes,

The upper level is the Sanctuary. The lower level is the Lotus Spa pool, there are about a dozen teak loungers with blue cushions surrounding the pool. The pool is free to all.

What is "the sanctuary"?

Here's how Princess describes it:

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na795&submit=pk

It proved to be so popular that they have imposed a fee on on it.

The Sanctuary on the Crown was open from 8am until 5:30pm, it was divided into two sessions - 8am-12:30pm and 1pm-5:30pm.

You are given a pass to come and go.

There are loungers out in sun and the others are under the "dome", but the sun does peak through. They will take you in and let you choose your lounger (I can't begin to tell you how comfortable they are). The loungers along the outside can be turned to face the sea...ahhhh. There are also big comfortable chairs if you are in the sun and want to take a break in a shady area.

To us it was well worth the (at that time) $10 for the half day.

Archived