Help for a black eye

mountaingurl

We are leaving this Friday....and I will have a black eye. I was changing the vaccum belt and the rotator bar came off and wacked me right above the eye brown last night(almost knocked me out it was so hard). I will have a black eye by tomorrow. It's already starting to change. Does anyone know of a good cover-up? I am very fair skinned.

The coverup question is tough -- most makeup artists could recommend something.

But for the bruising itself I highly recommend Arnica Montana -- its comes in ointment and pellets you dissolve in your mouth -- its an herbal remedy that works so well -- even plastic surgeons are giving it out.

You can get it at vitamin stores, health food places, etc.

You can even order it online at Drugstore.com.

Sounds like you are out of time tho -- i'm so sorry about your accident!

guess it is too late for ice, but you probably have already done that.

can you buy hirodoid cream where you are, not even sure if it is safe for the eye area.

I would be treating myself to some sexy new sunglasses and make up a wonderful story for the hundreds of time you will be asked "what happened?"

I'd go to a dept. store and have a makeup technician demonstrate a cover up and buy it.

Physicians Formula, which you can find at Walgreesn etc, has some great coverups, but you won't know how it looks until you buy it. So I'd go for the "free" makeup demo at a dept store or Ulta's or someplace like that.

However, since you're not leaving until Friday...I'm thinking it'll change colors by then. :) I'd wait till Thursday to do anything about it. It may be hardly visable by then, who knows?

My Mom got up in the middle of the night and of course, didn't turn the light on. She hit her head and since she takes the blood thinner coumadin, she had two huge black eyes from the hit. It was a week before my daughter's wedding. I told her to go to the makeup counter at a department store and ask them what to do. They directed her to a counter that had some great makeup. You could not see any bruising and it was absolutely terrible before applying the makeup. So, just go ask...I like going to a makeup counter because you can try out several different cover ups before purchasing. Good luck!!

This is pretty easy to make look a lot better. I wacked my nose/eye on the shower handle when I was on a trip with DH and meeting his co-workers for the 1st time. I fractured my eye socket and had 2 black eyes. I do airbrush makeup but didn't have my airbrush or compressor with me. I used regular drugstore type concealors. Here's how:

First start with a really good moisturizer to the area.

You will need to get 2 different shades of concealor... green and yellow

The eye will probably turn several different shades during the course of healing. When it is black/blue/purple use the yellow. When it changes to the reds use the green

Take either a sponge or your finger and dab the appropriate concealor over the bruising. Do not rub (think like sponging a wall).

Apply a layer of powder. Repeat layers of concelealor-powder as many times as it takes to cover.

Apply your regular foundation over the whole thing but make sure you don't rub it in or you'll undo you previous work. Use the same patting technique around the area.

Do a final powder set and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps. Sorry to hear about your eye!:)

Try a cake make-up. I got a black eye playing vollyball in high school the day before pictures and I used a cream/cake foundation by MAC and you couldn't tell that there was anything wrong with my eye. I didn't even need concealer. Just make sure that it is a full coverage make-up and put it on a little heaver than usual. I also am very fair skined.

Archived