Help Me Determine MCO/TPA/Port Timetable

keishashadow

Found out Dollar @ TPA offers free shuttle to & from the Port of Tampa:D

Better rate than the "onsite" Hertz offers, who doesn't have the return shuttle to airport.

We're driving down on Sunday from Orlando/on-site Universal approx. 9:00 am departure.

Assume 1-1/2 to 2 hours is safe amount of time to allocate to drop off point @ TPA.

Just not sure of how much time to factor for shuttle/drive to port? Would an hour be sufficient or should I assume longer; perhaps 2 additional hours? Unsure of local traffic patterns in TPA

Guess what i'm asking is...will we have plenty of time to board or should we leave Orlando earlier?

The drive from around Universal in Orlando to Tampa should a little over an hour, at absolute most 90 minutes.

I don't recall exactly where Dollar's lot is located, but I think it's just outside the airport, in the direction of the Port. The drive time from there would be, at most, 10 minutes. On a Sunday morning, there will be no traffic issues (there MIGHT be a little traffic around the stadium if the Bucs have a home game that day, but not enough to affect you on the path you'll be taking).

Only unknown is whether Dollar's shuttle from their lot to the Port is "on-demand" of part of a loop. Either way, I'd have to think an hour would be more than enough time - if it's on demand it'll probably only take you 15 or 20 minutes. You might want to give yourself a little cushion, though (I don't like tight schedules when I'm on vacation). Worst case is you get there with time to spare, and sit down in the Channnelside complex with a cup of coffee or a cold beer, depending on your tastes.

Thanks just the info i was looking for!

The clerk i spoke to said when we got there they'd "call for the shuttle"; either way the price is right

We should be good to go leaving Orlando @ 9:00 a.m then, with time to explore Channelside (never thought of it;) ).

Archived