Have you ever????

deeolasingh

Has anyone ever book a last minute cruise??? If so what where the perks of booking last minute.... I always try and book no less than 9 months out but we might just be taking a last minute cruise.....:D

I do not know of any perks or anything for that matter LOL, but I envy you and your fly by the seat of your pants attitude. I have to book my cruise at the very least a year in advance, and of course I have been planning it for a very long time before that. I just can't seem to do something like that, so I envy you.

Hope you find a fabulous cruise and some great deals.

My fiance' & I just booked a cruise on 9/5 that leaves on 9/27. We booked a 4A Gty through a TA and when I went online to Carnival.com to enter our booking #, found that we were already bumped up to a 5A. I know it was just luck, but still pretty cool!

Plus....like someone else said...you don't have that one-million-days-before-I-cruise countdown clock!! :D

Has anyone ever book a last minute cruise??? If so what where the perks of booking last minute.... I always try and book no less than 9 months out but we might just be taking a last minute cruise.....:D

My first cruise, back in 1994 was on Ecstacy. I was in college in Miami at the time. We decided on Wednesday to take the cruise on Friday. Four of us with no plans for spring break.

We did a three night/ four day, quad occupancy ocean view.

Since we lived there, we didn't need to deal with travel to the port.

I think we paid something ridiculous like $129 a person!

Don't think you'll find those sorts of deals anymore.

MGG

I like to book Hurricane Specials. We booked the Sensation right after Katrina, when they were originally going to move her to Galveston temporarily. We booked on Thursday and were supposed to leave on Monday. We got the hurricane special rate of $99 per person. Well, when we walked in the door after shopping all day Saturday for alcohol to smuggle on board and stuff like that :D , there was a message on our machine that our ship was chartered by FEMA!!

So we got right back on the phone with Carnival and rebooked for the Elation (was supposed to be the Ecstasy, but that ship too was going to FEMA) for a month later for a just a little bit more per person. That was the only time my countdown clock EVER started out at less than 30 days!!

Another time we booked last minute was after 9/11. (I had just gotten off the Celebration days before 9/11 happened.) The travel industry was taking a really big hit, so I felt like I had to do my part :D . So I booked a cruise for that December. I felt very patriotic! :D My Dad didn't think so though. he thought I was crazy for leaving the country at a time like that.

Anyway, I call my PVP at Carnival every summer just to remind him to keep me on the hurricane special list so he knows to call me right off if a last minute change in itineraries causes people to cancel their bookings. We can snatch up their cabin for a song!

I do not know of any perks or anything for that matter LOL, but I envy you and your fly by the seat of your pants attitude. I have to book my cruise at the very least a year in advance, and of course I have been planning it for a very long time before that. I just can't seem to do something like that, so I envy you.

Hope you find a fabulous cruise and some great deals.

Believe me, i am a planner but, given a chance at a great cruise deal, I could be ready to go in about 4 hours.

Wow cruisecruisecruise!! Was this a hurricane special, or did you book this on a whim? It would be interesting if you could do this on a whim. {{might have to give this a try!}}

No it is a TA who is a friend that works for a large agency that buys blocks of rooms and gets more rooms on the side so rather than sail empty rooms they give em away.It was off season and it was a rare thing.

We have done 3 cruises and our 4th is on Monday. We have always booked about 90 days out. While we might get some better prices farther out, there is no way I could put up with the waiting that long. Even a couple months is too long. I'd have to have a cruise planned every 3-4 months to do that , but I can't afford that :(

Last year we'd only been back from the Sept 25th cruise for a week and my husband was surfing online looking for cruise deals. He found an 11 night on NCL, leaving in a little over 2 weeks for $49 per person a night (military rate and last minute discount)......for a balcony cabin. Like he said, it was too cheap to pass up so we forced ourselves to repack and go :D

We booked on the Liberty last November when it came back from the Med, after all of the norovirus on board. The six day cruise was cut short to four days so that the ship could be scrubbed before it went out again. We sailed for 149. pp for a four day cruise. Spent Thanksgiving on the beach in Cozumel.

Had less than a week before we left and I had to have a copy of my birth certificate overnighted from Illinois since we had just ordered passports. I wish we could find more deals like that.

Archived