Benefit to switching from PVP to TA?

Rowan555

We have 2 cruises booked with Carnival through my PVP, who was recently promoted and is no longer my PVP. We're also planning to book another cruise this week for January. I've always booked through Carnival, but I often hear of people getting OBC and other perks for booking through a TA. Can you guys offer your insight as to whether it would be worth it for me to find a local or online TA and make my new booking through them, then transfer my other two bookings as well? I'm not sure whether it would be worth it. My past PVP experiences with Carnival were not great, but my latest PVP has been incredible. Now that he's gone, I'm not feeling inclined to stick with Carnival. If I do switch, what would I need to do? I assume I'd have to call Carnival with the booking info and the TA's information?

THANKS!

I switched partly because I like talking to someone in person, and we also got air miles through our TA. I don't know if we will receive any other gift. In the past there has been vouchers in our cabin for a bottle of wine or something like that. All you have to do is give your TA your booking # and they should take care of the rest. I did send a courtesy e-mail to my PVP though. Have fun on your cruises!

I learned, in most circumstances, they can give you better pricing than your PVP.. Your pvp does not work on comission but will get credit for the booking.. Once you decide on your TA.. they will contact Carnival and make all the arrangements to transfer the bookin through them..

Do some research, it may pay to switch

We have 2 cruises booked with Carnival through my PVP, who was recently promoted and is no longer my PVP. We're also planning to book another cruise this week for January. I've always booked through Carnival, but I often hear of people getting OBC and other perks for booking through a TA. Can you guys offer your insight as to whether it would be worth it for me to find a local or online TA and make my new booking through them, then transfer my other two bookings as well? I'm not sure whether it would be worth it. My past PVP experiences with Carnival were not great, but my latest PVP has been incredible. Now that he's gone, I'm not feeling inclined to stick with Carnival. If I do switch, what would I need to do? I assume I'd have to call Carnival with the booking info and the TA's information?

THANKS!

Hey my PVP was promoted too.

I have had to call to have others added and to upgrade cabins and the new PVP they gave me is not so good,

It takes her forever to call back and when she does she doesn't seem to know too much.

I liked having a PVP because he always was there to answer all questions and make any changes that I neded.

With the service this new PVP gives it may pay to switch to a TA.

This new PVP is nearly useless.

Any recommendations on one that is good?

I use one of the grocery warehouse TAs, they give me a small discount, dont know the percent, but money off is good. I assume the other large warehouse gives a similar deal on Carnival. My PVP had to set up a pin # before the bookings could be transferred. did all 3 at once. 3 1A bookings, so very small bookings that TAs dont usually even want to mess with, saved $30, $30 (on 5 day cruise) and $58 on the 7 day. All 1A cheapest bookings.

Archived