? for people who use RCL air...

linzeelou

I normally wouldn't have booked the cruiseline's air, but I am traveling over a holiday weekend to San Juan. All of the prices I was finding on my own were totally high!

Anyway, my question is: does Royal Caribbean have a particular airline they favor more than others? And can you put in a request to fly in a day early? I am just worried that since the ship doesn't leave until 10pm the night of the 21st (nov.) that I will get stuck wasting my entire day Sunday traveling. (I am departing out of Los Angeles)

Thanks in advance!

We booked through the cruiseline. We are going on RCCL in October in Hawaii and they booked us on non-stop from NJ to Oahu on Continental. I'm not sure if they favor one cruise line or not, but I think we got a very good flight. & we are flying the day before as well and using the hotel they suggested (as the package) to stay the night before - although I'm not sure if you have to use their hotels, but it only cost us for the hotel, not any extra for the days previous flight

the cruise departs on the 21st of Nov. I was looking around online, and it seems like the majority of the choices are the red-eye to San Juan Sat. night, or travel all day Sunday (through another city), but that doesn't get me into SJ until 8pm-ish (early estimation) I am just hoping that since the ship doesn't technically leave until 10pm that I don't end up giving up all day Sunday as a travel day. :( I would be happier with the red-eye!!

What is the cruiselines charging you for airfare?

I just looked online at webistes for air. Even going the day before is very expensive.

What I would do- is ask your agent how much is it gonna cost to do an air diviation and go in the day before. - stay at a hotel near the airport= courtesy of priceline- so you can take the shuttle from the airport the next day.

or drop the shuttle entirely and take a cab--which will probably be cheaper then the shuttle also.

Hello linzeelou,

Air deviation cost us 50 dol p/p plus additionl 40 dol for the difference what RCI could have gotten and what I have choosen. Higher level members of C & A are not charged the 50.

You may also cancel the air untill the final payment and choose something on your own.

Wes

Archived