Hydro Pool

MonicaL

On the Noordam a few weeks ago it was $40.00 a day, $150.00 a week or $250.00 a week for you and spouse (significant other). This cost is not only for the pool, but also for the thermalsuite. It was wonderful to use them both.

The area is very quite and tranquil with soft "rainforest " music. The pool's water if very hot, bubbly and relaxing. Ice water and fresh fruit is available in the pool area.

The thermal area is quite, relaxing, a great place to take a nap and/or watch the world go by.

We purchased a couples pass and probably only used it 3 times each, about an hour each time. With shore excurusions and activities on teh ship and they closed at 8:00 pm we didn't spend as much time there as we would have liked.

In my opinion it's totally not worth the price. We will never do that again. Each person has to judge for themselves though. I am happy I experienced it and now I know I don't want to again.

In my opinion it's totally not worth the price. We will never do that again. Each person has to judge for themselves though. I am happy I experienced it and now I know I don't want to again.

I tend to agree.

When I'm in a suite I just draw a bath in the jacuzzi tub, pour in the Elemis Shower Gel, get in, push the green button and have my travel companion bring a glass of bubbly from the Mini-Bar and enjoy.

Who cares if the suds overflow all over the floor?

There's a floor-drain and a steward to take care of that...

;)

I must respectfully disagree about the use of the hydropool/thermal suite. For me, it was heavenly and $150 was so well woth it. I used the pool in the a.m. and at night (tried to use both the pool and thermal suite nightly, and it was great on port days as we were pulling out from ports - asked to have the lights dimmed as to make it even more serene!). I was usually the only person in the pool and shared the thermal suite with only two others (wonderful "suite mates at that) at any given time. My Alaska cruise was truly a trip of a lifetime and the pool/thermal suite put my entire experience over the top. On a scale of 1-10, everything was a 100 for me!! Plus, the spa employees were the best ever. Traveling with 7 immediate family members for 10 days (2 prior to sailing) calls for a bit much togetherness - my hideaway was wonderful, more than relaxing and it rejuvinated me as well. As easy as it is to sleep on the wonderful Holland America beds - I slept even better! Only complaint (ifyou can call it that) is I wish the thermal chairs were a tad warmer. I'm afraid I'm spoiled now and have already warned my husband that this spa luxury must be budgeted for every future cruise :)

Just back from the wonderful Zuiderdam Alaskan cruise, but still on board in my mind. Now.....on to Hawaii in Sept. 08!

Love Dogs

Sept 17, 2007

Once you buy the weekly pass you can come and go as often as you like at any time of the day.

Last year I bought the pass on the Noordam for a 10 day Carribean sailing where I was travelling alone. I thought that I got a ton of value out of the pass, especially loved the thermal loungers. That being said, I probably won't buy it next week on the Westerdam in Europe because we have so many port days and I will be travelling with my son. I just don't know when I will get a chance to use it.

I was told by a HAL employee on the phone that you could buy a pass for the day or the week but you could not come and go -- you could use it once a day at a scheduled time.

Is this true?

Once again it is proven that asking HAL customer service anything is about the same as stopping the first kid you see on the street and asking him! They have no idea what they are talking about.

The day pass for the Thermal Suite is good the entire day, 8 AM to 8 PM. The weekly pass is good for the entire week. We usually try to go up at least twice a day, sometimes three times a day on sea days.

Here is our page on thermal suites. We LOVE them!

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/thermal.html

Once again it is proven that asking HAL customer service anything is about the same as stopping the first kid you see on the street and asking him! They have no idea what they are talking about.

The day pass for the Thermal Suite is good the entire day, 8 AM to 8 PM. The weekly pass is good for the entire week. We usually try to go up at least twice a day, sometimes three times a day on sea days.

Here is our page on thermal suites. We LOVE them!

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/thermal.html

Can you get a pass for just the hydropool?

Can you get a pass for just the hydropool?

AIRC, last time we were on Westerdam, the hydropool and thermal suite were priced separately. However, we worked it out and figured that a couples pass for both was the best deal!

Actually we prefer the Thermal Suite to the Hydropool and if we had a choice would just book that. But YMMV.:D

We booked the Thermal Suite and Hydro Pool on our Westerdam cruise last year and used in everyday. I think it is wonderful, especially on sea days, sitting in those heated lounges and watching the sea go by - aaahhhh! The therapy pool is great for those of us who have physical problems - I have fibromyalgia and it really helps. I'll be booking it again on the Noordam in January. How much more is the cost for 10 days as opposed to a weeks pass?

I have to say it depends on yourself and what like. If you aren't into crowds then its an option. I wasn't so sure about my in-laws, they have a spa at home so I figured at least my mother in law would use it. So I bought thermal suite passes for the week for us and for my in-laws. I think we used it about 4 days of our Alaska trip. So at $40 per day we got our moneys worth out of it I guess. I also think that they used those facilities more as they weren't as crowded as the pool and spas under the dome. I know my father in law who has a bad back liked the ceramic loungers...particularly as we were sailing into Yakutat bay toward Hubbard glacier :)

Archived