Your Opinions for a Hotel Chicken PLEASE!

chrisn

Hello everyone! Haven't been on the boards in an age but Honey and I just booked (a week spur of the moment thing) the Emerald Princess 10 Night Caribbean on March 25th. We will be traveling with my parents and sister & brother in law.

Due to some traumatic childhood events I absolutely cannot stay in a tacky, dirty or scary hotel. I know nothing of the Ft. Lauderdale hotels but have read quite a few of your threads on the offerings. I've put a list together and hope you can offer your opinions on the best well rounded place to stay for a night before. I would really like to avoid the $350 a night pricetag but will sacrifice it if there are no reasonable options for me. This is what I would like:

4 Star - 3 if it's real, real nice.

Good Area & Location

CLEAN & Nice, newer if possible

Walking distance stuff is a plus

No scary parking areas

I would REALLY appreciate any advice you can give me! Thank you!!!

Hampton Inn - Plantation

Riverside

Amerisuites

Embassy

Pier 66

Renaissance

La Quinta

Knowing a little about "me," which one do you feel would work best?

You've done your homework, all of the hotels you've listed meet your criteria. They're all in a good area & location, clean & nice, newer, within walking distance of shops and restaurants, no scary parking areas.

If that's all your looking for then your choice can be narrowed down to the one with the best price. ;)

Chrisn,

We just completed our stay at the Renaissance and this was based on a recommendation from Bequia....Great Hotel, Great Location with-in walking distance of additional items you may need to pick up prior to boarding... so good luck in choosing.

For this time of year I would go with the Princess option of the Ren or Embassy for n$129 pp and then work priceline for something cheaper - you ncan always cancel the Princess option before the final payment date.

Ron

I stayed at the Ren a few times....perfectly safe, clean, good service, lots of stuff to walk to and you can see the ships from some of the rooms...

there is a walgreens across the street, a publix grocery store and a big liquor/wine supermarket next to publix, plus an array of restaurants in almost every price range......bequia has a list of this posted someplace....

plus, from thurs-sun you can hop the SunTrolley right outside-it's just 50 cents each way and goes down to the beach area, and to publix as well......

the Amerisuites will be a hyatt place by the time you go...newly renovated...i saw one elsewhere and the whole place is lovely....and high tech. if you could get a good rate there, that would be a nice choice.....the rooms are all "suites" with a sitting area, big plasma TV, HUGE sectional sofa, microwave and fridge.....you should check out their website http://www.hyattplace.com

i am pretty sure that hotel should be converted by march or sooner.

Archived